Saturday, July 23, 2016

Sleek Eyeshadow Palette Swatches [Storm]

Continuing with my project to swatch all the Sleek eyeshadow palettes I own before I begin my depotting-slash-rehoming project. I'm going to be briefly reviewing the Sleek Storm palette, which is part of the Sleek permanent range (as far as I'm aware).

Similar to the Original palette [reviewed here], this is another palette where the shimmer shades have very good pigmentation, but the mattes are lacking.


Packaging is the most basic that basic can be, a plain black plastic packaging. The issue with this is that the opening 'clasp' is pretty difficult to use, and I've had my nailpolish chip when attempting to open it. A minor gripe, yes, but something to note. Still, it's pretty thin and slender, making it good to travel with.


The Storm palette has mostly neutrals, with a few gorgeous jewel tones added in. It also has a mix of mattes and shimmers. The shimmers are soft, and creamy - a little too soft, if you're not careful, you can end up with some fallout - but they're beautifully pigmented. The matte shades - three in number (top row - third from the left; bottom row - last two on the right) - are, frankly, quite terrible. Maybe it's because I'm used to better-performing mattes, but these are really underpigmented, slightly chalky, and difficult to pick up with a brush. They're not a completely lost cause, you can make them work, but it'll take a lot of building up and elbow grease. [I've had to do five swipes/passes of the mattes to get them to show up in the swatches below]



Personally, I love the shimmer shades. They're absolutely lovely on my tan/brown skin, and especially since they straddle that shimmer/metallic line. Best way to use the shimmer shades is either a finger, a sponge tip applicator, or a small, dense brush (I like the Real Techniques shadow brush - synthetic definitely seem to work better with this formula)

A good palette for those who're looking for some pretty neutrals and some deeper jewel tones. This palette will definitely work on deeper skins. It's worth trying it out, even if the mattes are a little lackluster.

No comments:

Post a Comment