Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Life-related Stuff

This has been something I've been meaning to write for some time now, but I just... never got around to it I guess?

I have been away from the blog for a while now, and it's not because I don't have the time... well, not exactly. I haven't really been up to writing about makeup, even though I've been playing around with it quite often. (if you follow me on Instagram you'll know this to be true).

If you follow me, you might remember I spoke about some health issues I had a few weeks ago. I even had a minor surgery which went well, and at the time I thought I was all set going forward.

My follow-up health checkup with my doctor unfortunately begged to differ. I was told that I have a growth near one of my ovaries - which is something no one wants to hear.

The good news is, it's not cancer.

Still, this has meant blood tests, doctors appointments, scans, and so on. I won't say that I was so busy I didn't have time for anything else, because that would be a lie, I was - am - so panicked and worried about what's going on inside my body that I don't quite feel like doing much else.

I haven't really been doing much else. I've been doing the things that I need to do, but this stress has me slipping into depression. I've always suffered from anxiety, and my current situation hasn't been doing it any favors.

I'm not sure how letting the world out there know about topics like this, and I've always shied away from talking about my anxiety because 1. how exactly does one bring it up in conversation, even with friends, and 2. I'm never sure how people will react.

So yes, I've been struggling a little bit lately. Strangely, putting on makeup has been the one thing that can bring me out of my funk a little on especially down days. It's like the act of doing something for myself makes me feel better.

Back to the main topic. I'm loathe to give up blogging completely, but for the time being I'll be changing my style of blogging. I'll probably be doing mini-reviews with fewer (if any) pictures, and more along the lines of a general chit-chat of sorts.

Thank you for reading this far!

<3 Aditi

10 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to you. I suffered a miscarriage recently, and it's one the darkest times in our lives. Sometimes, I really don't feel like getting up from my bed, or even having a general conversation with anyone. What brings smile to my face is arranging my makeup and focusing on my blog....be strong, I like to believe that God has a plan for all of us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry to hear that :( I can totally understand not wanting to do much else. Here's a virtual hug and lots of good thoughts sent your way <3

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry to hear that. It is good news that it isn't cancer, but I can understand that you are worried. I would be as well.
    Applying makeup is something that has always helped me as well to liften my mood, so just keep on playing and write whenever you feel like it.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the good thoughts <3 It's nice to know I'm not alone in the 'makeup lifts my mood' camp :)

      Delete
  3. Hey Aditi, I'm so sorry to hear you're going through this. Hugs! I'm so so glad that it is not cancer. I appreciate that you chose to share this with us. I do feel a connect with a lot of folks from the blogging community - and that includes you. It is funny, we've never met, hardly spoken, but I feel like I know you :D Totally not creepy! Please share whatever you feel like, I'm all eyes. And if you ever feel like chatting, let me know! Sending lots of love and prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I share your sentiments! I love how the blogging community brings people closer :) Thank you for all the good thoughts, they're very much appreciated <3

      Delete
  4. sending you love and light!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all the good thoughts :) <3

      Delete
  5. sending you love and light!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your health dear but its good news its not cancer..take care of your health as its very imp..we will be here waiting when you come back :)
    Lots of best wishes and prayers to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete