Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Top 5 in 2015: Lipsticks

Today's Top 5 list is another weakness of mine: lipstick! I can't deny last year was all about the matte lip, which was just fine by me - I love me some matte lipstick! I've also really been enjoying the trend of liquid lipsticks - especially because of how long lasting they are. I can totally see why they're not for everyone, though - most of them can be a bit drying.


Milani Amore Matte Liquid Lipstick - I did mention, did I not, my love for liquid lipsticks? These ones from Milani were limited edition over the summer of last year but seeing how popular they were, Milani not only made them permanent, but added more shades to the line! I was quite happy to hear that because I reach for these so often. My favorite shades have been Beloved and Desire, but I've been reaching for Crush a lot during these cold winter days. Read all my thoughts about these here.

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet - I'm not sure when I first got these, but I do know when I first tried them out I wasn't impressed. I thought they weren't as long-lasting as a traditional liquid lipstick. That's because they're not your traditional liquid lipstick. They have a mousse-y, creamy formula that feels like, well, velvet on your lips. They're super comfy to wear and while yes, they do transfer, they look really good on the lips. Grand Cru is one of my all-time favorite winter shades (not to mention a beautiful shade for tanned skins) and I really like Nude-ist too.

Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks - the OG liquid lipsticks that started the hype for me! I use them all the time, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up with like, all the wearable shades (which is quite a feat considering how many are there in the line!). Of course, Lolita and Lolita II are the ones I find myself reaching for the most often, and let's not forget Outlaw which is the perfect red for me. Everyone is sure to find a shade or two that'll catch their eye from this collection. If you want to hear my thoughts on Lolita and Lolita II, head on over here.

ColourPop Lippie Stix - Everyone, I mean everyone has heard of ColourPop. They have a huge variety of shades of lipstick, and at $5 a pop it's not the cheapest drugstore option, but you can't beat the variety. The formula is surprisingly good, too - I really enjoy the satin and matte finishes (I'm a little iffy about the glossy and cream formulas). They last a good amount of time and aren't as drying as some of the other formulas I've tried. Tootsie (review here) and Grunge (review here) are two of my go-to shades - I've even got backups of both!

Maybelline Creamy Matte Lipstick - Gone are the days of the painfully drying matte lipsticks, it seems. The Maybelline Creamy Mattes allow everyone - even those of us with near-constant dry lips - to wear matte lipstick and not suffer. Just like their name, they're smooth, creamy, pigmented and last a good amount of time. I declare that everyone with tanned skin needs Touch Of Spice and Clay Crush (okay I don't declare, but I do recommend you check them out!).

What were some of the lipsticks you enjoyed last year? Are you a matte fan? 

6 comments:

  1. To be honest I haven't had any completely matte lipsticks in my collection. Two Revlon ones claim to be matte, but are satin in my opinion, so I don't really know if I like matte on me.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matte lipsticks aren't for everyone. Mattes tend to make my lips look a little thinner than they are, but I really like the 'polished' feel they give me so I put up with it, hah.

      Delete
  2. Colourpop and Kat Von D are my favorites too! but I seriously need to try the Bourjois ones soon! have heard so much about them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're not like true matte liquid lipsticks but the formula is really comfy!

      Delete
  3. Ugh the Milani ones were super drying on me. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bummer :( They were quite similar to the KVD ones for me.

      Delete