Friday, January 1, 2016

Top 5 in 2015: Eyeshadow Palettes

Happy New Year, everyone! I thought we'd kick off 2016 with some of my favorite products from 2015. I wanted to condense everything into a "top 15" list of sorts, but that... didn't work out. Instead, I'm going to be talking about my top five favorites from a given category.

To start off, my favorite category: eyeshadow. I love eyeshadow, and eyeshadow palettes, so it's only fair I start off with this, right?


theBalm Nude Dude palette - aside from the name, which I'm not totally on board with, I have really been enjoying this palette. I thought it was just another neutral palette but it has some lovely rosy tones that look amazing. Check out my review here.

Too Faced Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar palette - first of all, this smells of chocolate. Yum! But more importantly, these are some beautiful neutral shades. The quality of the shadows is really great too. I think this is a palette that will look beautiful on tanned skins.

Lorac Mega Pro 2 - Review here. This was one of the surprises of the year; I didn't expect to like this as much as I did. A great neutrals and some unconventional shades. The finishes are also varied. Definitely a palette that'll work in all situations.

Kat Von D Mi Vida Loca Remix palette - this holiday palette from Kat Von D excited everyone, and it sold out pretty quickly. For being a non-neutral eyeshadow palette, the shadows are beautifully pigmented and easy to use. While the packaging is definitely pretty, it's nice to know the shadows inside are good, too. If you want to know more, the review is here.

MAC Nordstrom Naturals palette - This has some of MAC's best-selling shades, and a variety of finishes. I particularly enjoy All That Glitters, Mulch, Woodwinked, Amber Lights and Satin Taups. Special mention to Saddle, Brun and Ricepaper. Read more of my thoughts on this palette here.

I picked these ones because I found myself reaching for these more often than other palettes. Most times, I mix and match shades from different palettes, and I found I pulled one shade or another from these five on a regular basis.

Do you own any of these? What do you think of them? What were some of your preferred eyeshadow palettes last year?

4 comments:

  1. I don't own any of the above palettes, but I have been using my ABH Shadow Couture palette a ton over the past few months...I saw the MAC Nordstrom palette was marked down to an additional 25% off during the Black Friday Sales, I went ahead and bought the Lorac 2 instead from Nordstrom (Shipped it to a friend's place :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard good things about the Shadow Couture palette! I don't think you'll be disappointed with the Lorac Pro 2, I'm a huge fan of the Lorac eyeshadow formula :)

      Delete
  2. I only have two of these, but I love the MAC and Too Faced ones!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, I ended up with the MAC one because of you! No regrets! The Too Faced one was a surprising hit - I didn't think much of their other palettes but last year they did a great job with eyeshadow palettes.

      Delete