Friday, September 11, 2015

Milani Bella Eyes Eyeshadow in Dolci Bronze Review (Summer 2015)

Milani, oh Milani. You are one of the reasons why my wallet weeps. I can't resist you... how can I? With all the affordable, wonderful products you have, how is any mortal to resist?

Enough soliloquy, I suppose. The fact is, Milani is one of my favorite drugstore brands, and with good reason. So when I noticed that they'd come out with a Dolci Bronze collection for Summer 2015, I picked up a few pieces from the collection. [The collection includes a lip gloss, lipstick, eye shadow, nail polish and bronzer, all in the shade Dolci Bronze. I haven't been able to determine if this is a limited edition collection or not.]


The shadow isn't in any limited edition packaging, it's in the standard Milani eye shadow packaging - a small, round plastic pot with a clear lid. The packaging is golden and tends to collect fingerprints, but it's not as bad as some of the other packaging I own (*coughNarscough*)


I love rose golds, which is why I was so immediately drawn to this shade. It's a warm-toned pink-gold, almost duochrome shade. It's a little bit dry in texture, so it produces a little bit of fallout - this can be prevented by tapping excess shadow off your brush before application. It's pigmented, so you'll have no issue with getting this to show up. It applies smoothly and blends out easily.


Look at that swatch! It's soooo lovely. I found this hard to photograph on my lids - the color just didn't show up correctly.

If you want more of the pink to show up, use a pink cream shadow as a base. To emphasize the gold, use a gold cream shadow beneath. Or be creative and try layering different bases underneath!

This lasts 7 hours with minimal fading on me (over a primer, of course). I noticed some mild fallout over the course of the day, but nothing very noticeable. This makes a great everyday shade, it's elegant for the daytime.

Here's how it looks on me:


Here it looks more gold than pink, but in person the pink tones are quite noticeable and very pretty. It's almost duochrome in the way the shade catches the light.

I think this is a really pretty, affordable rose-gold shade - if you're looking for one, I'd recommend this! I'm not sure if this is limited edition or not - I haven't seen it in stores and I got mine from the website.

BGMM Rating: B+

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm a huge fan of rose golds too!

      Delete
  2. I love rose gold! Looks lovely on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose golds are my favorite! And thanks :)

      Delete
  3. I wish I had gotten this, even though I don't need it! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still available on the website, if you're after it. Rose golds are my absolute weakness!

      Delete