Monday, September 7, 2015

MAC Viva Glam Miley Cyrus Lipstick Review

I know MAC's Viva Glam Miley Cyrus 2 is out on September 8th (online - 10th in stores) and it reminded me that I hadn't talked about the first one yet! So here we are.

I really like the MAC Viva Glam line - they partner with some great people, and I really appreciate the fact that they donate all the proceeds to charity. The latest spokesperson is, of course, Miley Cyrus (if you don't know who she is I really don't know what to say!) and despite the controversy that surrounds her I think she's a pretty good choice.


The MAC Viva Glam line has the same packaging as the regular line, except that the line and printing on the outside is pink, not silver. I think this is nice - it makes it a little more special.


The inside is fully pink, and has Miley Cyrus' signature on it (this, again, is standard for the Viva Glam line).

The shade is a bright, cool-toned, medium-deep fuchsia pink which is really flattering. It's an Amplified finish, which means the formula is very smooth and creamy.


True to the finish, the formula is lovely - it glides onto the lips and doesn't tug at all. It does cling to the dry patches on my lips, but not as badly as matte formulas (does that make sense?). The shade is actually a little deeper on the lips than it appears in the tube - which is a good thing because I wasn't sure if the color in the tube would suit me! The finish is slightly glossy but again, very flattering.


The shade isn't fully opaque when first applied - a single swipe doesn't fully cover my naturally pigmented lips, but it can be built up to fully opaque. This allows you to wear it several ways - a toned down, sheer manner (by wearing it as a single swipe and dabbing it out with a finger) or completely opaque.

It lasts decently on me - I get four hours wear (mild snacking and drinking) and it wears down evenly to leave a stain behind. It doesn't last through a meal, but it is easy to reapply. It doesn't dry out my lips and is mildly moisturizing (I find that any mild dry patches aren't as dry after a few hour's wear).

Here's how it looks on me:


If you're looking for a very flattering lipstick that supports charity, I'd say you should go for this! It's a shade that works across all skintones, and brightens up your face. The formula is also great, so really, it's a win on all fronts.

BGMM Rating: A

8 comments:

  1. I like it on you, but it isn´t my color. The only Viva Glam I got was the Cindy Lauper one years ago. A red, what else...

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear the Cindy Lauper one was very popular! Shame that I wasn't into makeup when it came out.

      Delete
  2. I love this shade, this is a kinda pink that suits, dusky-tan girls to the T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a shade that will work for a lot of people! Are you planning to get it? :)

      Delete
  3. This looks so much better on you than it did on me! It suits you very well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks, haha. I'm sure it suits you as well! Will you be getting the new one?

      Delete
  4. Oh man, I love this on you.
    I wouldn't dare wear it, but you. Oh boy *whistles*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haaa, you say the nicest things. I think it will look fabulous on you, I really do!

      Delete