Wednesday, September 16, 2015

MAC Viva Glam Miley Cyrus 2 Lipstick Review

MAC's Viva Glam Miley Cyrus 2 was released online on September 8th (10th in stores) and I knew I wanted it the moment I saw swatches of it. I pretty much ordered it the day it came out, and I've had it for a couple of days now and have been testing it out.

Now, both the Viva Glam Miley lipsticks are available online on the MAC website, and they're also available in stores.

Just as a reminder, all the proceeds from the Viva Glam line (100% of the price) goes to a charity that helps men, women and children affected by HIV/AIDS. That's a pretty fantastic reason to buy this, but the color also makes a compelling reason!


The packaging is exactly the same as the first Viva Glam Miley lipstick, and both of those, of course, are the identical to the others in the Viva Glam line.


The inside of the tube is pink, and has Miley's signature on it - indicating her collaboration, of course!

The shade itself is a bright coral red-orange which is especially flattering on warmer tones, and those with deeper skins. It had a Matte finish (unlike the Amplified finish of the first one) but I find the finish to be more satin-matte.


(Don't worry about the little spots on the bullet in the picture above - it's the lipstick 'sweating' due to the heat.)

For a matte formula, this goes on so smoothly and easily. It really glides onto the lips with no tugging, and is fully opaque in a single swipe. It feels very comfortable on the lips, and I only found it to be very mildly drying after about 4 hours of wear. It's always a good idea to exfoliate and moisturize before application!


This lasts a solid five and a half hours on me through light snacking and drinking water, and it leaves a stain behind that goes on for another hour and a half. If I have a meal I need to reapply. The only issue I've run into with this is that it's so warm toned that I have to keep the rest of my makeup warm-toned as well, or it will look rather off.

Here's how it looks on me (and a comparison to the first one):


 I personally think the Viva Glam Miley 2 is a great shade for those of us with brown skins. I can see this working on most people, and I think this collaboration has resulted in two very different but wearable lipsticks. I love the shade(s) and I really appreciate the fact that this supports a worthwhile cause.

BGMM Rating: A 

2 comments: