Monday, June 15, 2015

Summer Looks - featuring Lorac Glogetter palette

A couple of days ago I stumbled onto a Reddit thread where everyone was talking about their favorite color combinations for summer. It was really interesting to read through everyone's comments, but they seemed to have quite a repetitive trend - focusing on colors such as golds, oranges, teals, hot pinks, corals - all the bright shades.

This got me interested in trying out some of these "typical" summer looks. I've been on a quest to rotate all my eyeshadow palettes, so I pulled out my (sadly limited edition) Lorac Glogetter palette. I supplemented these with other shadows where necessary.

I came up with four looks before I got tired - taking off and re-doing all my makeup took a toll! I like these four "main" looks and feel like I can mix and match them as needed.


I've labelled each of the shades with numbers and I'll note down which shade I used for each look.

I. POP OF COLOR



Face
Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless foundation in Warm Honey
NYX Concealer in a Jar - Medium and Tan
theBalm Sexy Mama
Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel in Expresso

Eyes
Wet N Wild Fergie eyeshadow primer
Lorac Glogetter palette shadows in #2, #10, #4 and #7
L'Oreal Infalliable eyeshadow in Endless Sea
Lakme Eyeconic eyeliner in Brown
Sephora eyeliner in Summer Cruise
Starlooks eyeshadow in Obsidian

Blush
MAC blush in Modern Mandarin

Lips
NYC Expert Last Lip Color in Pure Coral

I really like the combination of bronze and teal eyeshadows! I'll definitely using this combination again. I'm not sure about the teal on the lower lashline, so Ill stick to using it as an eyeliner on the upper lashline. I think teal will look great on the inner corner too!

II. MONOCHROME IN MANDARIN




Face
Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless foundation in Warm Honey
NYX Concealer in a Jar - Medium and Tan
theBalm Sexy Mama
Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel in Expresso

Eyes
Wet N Wild Fergie eyeshadow primer
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Fierce and Tangy
Lorac Glogetter palette shadows in #3 and #9

Blush
Sleek blush in Aruba

Lips
LA Girl Glazed Lip Paint in Hot Mess


I was always a fan of orange blush, but I'm really, really digging how this turned out. And I should really look into wearing orange lips more often!

III. COLOR CLASHES



Face
Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless foundation in Warm Honey
NYX Concealer in a Jar - Medium and Tan
theBalm Sexy Mama
Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel in Expresso

Eyes
Wet N Wild Fergie eyeshadow primer
Jordana 12 Hr Made to Last eyeshadow pencil in Eternal White
Glamour Doll Eyes eyeshadow in Schizophrenic
Lorac Glogetter shadows in #1, #9 and #10
Soap and Glory Supercat eyeliner

Blush
Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso

Lips
Colorpop Lippie Stix in Tuxedo (this was limited edition)

I'm.... a little hesitant to replicate this in real life. I like the components separately but together is a little too much. I might use the chartreuse green as a liner, or with neutral shadows, but not as an eyelid shade.

IV. EVERYDAY WEARABLE



Face
Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless foundation in Warm Honey
NYX Concealer in a Jar - Medium and Tan
theBalm Sexy Mama
Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel in Expresso

Eyes
Wet N Wild Fergie eyeshadow primer
Lorac Glogetter shadows in #1, #2 and #9
Makeup Geek shadow in Sin City
Lakme Eyeconic eyeliner in Brown

Blush
Physcians Formula Bronze Booster Glow-Boosting Airbrushing Bronzing Veil Deluxe Edition in Medium-Dark
theBalm Cindy Lou Manizer

Lips
NYX Butter Gloss in Peaches and Cream

This is definitely the most wearable look, and one that I've been wearing on almost a daily basis. It's simple, easy and make me look quite glowing (that's all thanks to the bronzer!). 

I'm really glad I tried all of these looks! There are some things that I learnt from this - I like how teals and oranges look on me. And I can wear those bright blue pinks - the one so reminiscent of MAC's Candy Yum Yum - under the appropriate circumstances of course.

So, I guess the final lesson is that I need to experiment more! Dedicating time to try out different combinations might yield some great surprises.

4 comments:

  1. Love them all, you're gorgeous, lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all, you're gorgeous, lady :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww shucks, thank you! That made me blush :)

      Delete
  3. 4) is my favorite too! Although I do think teal on the lower lash-line looks so good on you!

    ReplyDelete