Monday, April 13, 2015

Sephora Chic Week Loot!

Sephora's having their annual Chic Week sale, which of course means a perfect time to haul all the pretties I've been eyeing for a while.

Unlike last year, I was much more prudent and did lots more research before buying anything, and I made sure I tried out everything in-store before making a decision (yes, I know, I should be doing this all the time, but sometimes it doesn't happen okay?)

The main things I was looking at were concealers (thanks, insomnia!) and a foundation, since that's where I'm lacking. You might remember that I purged a lot of my concealer stash and I wanted to keep it to two or three essentials.


Loot list:
  • Nars Light Reflecting Setting Powder - Pressed
  • Sephora Microsmooth Baked Foundation
  • Sephora Teint Infusion Foundation
  • Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer
  • Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer
  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit - Medium to Tan
  • Nars Audacious Lipstick Grace
  • Nars Audacious Lipstick Jane
  • Nars Audacious Lipstick Audrey
For the most part I stuck to my list, but the ABH contour kit was a total impulse buy. At the store I asked one of the SAs for contouring help, and she brought out this kit and showed me how to use it - and hot diggity dang, I looked SO GOOD post contouring that I picked it up without hesitation!

I'm really loving the Nars lipsticks and might get Janet, Barbara and Natalie before the sale ends, but we'll have to see.

At the store, Rouge members got a bag filled with samples.



The bag itself is good sized and made of fairly sturdy material. I was a little disappointed in the samples; we got some foil sachets of skincare and haircare, and a mini Buxom lip cream in Pink Lady (look at that! What is it, a lip gloss for ants?), a sample of Marc Jacob's Dot perfume (I'm not a huge fan of the scent) and a full size Formula X nailpolish in Quantum, which would have been cool except I'm pretty sure this is stock they want to get rid of, and also the color seems to have separated a bit. 


I also got a bunch of samples from the Dior representative there - she was really sweet! - and I also redeemed some of my Sephora points for the Lancome Genefique sample, the Clinique Moisture Surge Intense sample, and the Dior Lash Primer sample. Plus they threw in a few more samples during check out!


Bonus: I got a coupon for a free L'Occitane hand cream tin (no purchase needed!) and I went to the store to redeem it, where I was told I got a 20% discount on their products. I've heard good things about their Almond Shower Oil, so I got that, and they gave me a couple of samples there too. I can't wait to try it!


The tin (which is so cute!) come with two minis of their hand creams. It's adorable!

I think that'll be the sum total of my shopping, with the exception of the possibility of the Nars Audacious lipsticks I have my eyes on. I might also get the Urban Decay Naked Pressed Powder, I've heard really good things about it. I'm totally happy with everything I got!

No comments:

Post a Comment