Monday, April 20, 2015

Mini Mondays - L'Occitane Hand Cream

I've never really been one for hand creams - sure, I have a couple, but I've never understood why other people like them so much. I suppose it's because the ones I have aren't very effective.

If you've ever seen my hands, you'll understand why I was fascinated by hand creams; my fingers are perpetually cracked cuticles and I have lots of hangnails. It's unfortunately because of my dishwashing habits, I'm sure (there are probably other reasons, but I'm sticking to this!)

Now, I can't say I've never heard of L'Occitane, especially their hand creams. No, I have. I've heard everyone sing their praises, known quite a few bloggers who have them down as their Holy Grail.

So why didn't I try them before?


I got this sample thanks to a coupon, and I've been using it for a few days.

I should have been using this for years.

This is a thick cream - something you'd expect with a product that has 20% shea butter - but the texture is so lovely and lush. Despite it's thick appearance, it has quite and airy texture.


This is such a wonderful product I feel silly now for not trying it before. Why didn't I listen to everybody? The smell is amazing, the texture is amazing. 

The thing is, the scent and texture are bonuses. The actual cream itself is so luxurious and moisturizing. It absorbs really quickly, and doesn't leave a greasy residue, or a sticky sensation. It also doesn't leave a strange film over your hands. This leaves my hands soft, and actually reduces some of the irritation of my cracked cuticles and the like almost immediately after it's been absorbed. 


I know that shea butter is a great ingredient for my lips, I never thought to try it out for my hands. It works just as well! I guess my skin really just loves shea butter :)

I love everything about this. I really should have tried it before! Of the two tubes I had, I gave one to my mom and she's in love with it too - so that means I'm definitely going to have to repurchase not just for myself, but for my mom!

And with Mother's Day coming up soon, it's worth considering this as a good gift idea for the moms!

Summary: I really like this, definitely going to repurchase. If you haven't tried it, you should!

2 comments:

  1. I love these! I have one in my purse at all times.

    And get some gloves for washing dishes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I have dishwashing gloves but I always forget to wear them! Such a bad habit :P

      Delete