Monday, March 16, 2015

Khaki - a great alternative to browns!

I've been on a huge khaki kick lately. There's something about a golden khaki shade that makes brown eyes - and brown skins - really pop. I've actually been neglecting my (many!) neutral palettes in favor of khakis, and it disconcerted me a little bit to know that I lack in options in the khaki department. Somehow I can predict myself rectifying this situation in the near future ;-)


I've been favoring my MAC Face & Body. I really like how lightweight it feels. It's not something I'll go for if I want longevity, but it's great for low-key days. I set it with my Rimmel Stay Matte - I'm going to be trashing this soon because I hate how cakey it gets my foundations after a while. It's pretty useless at oil control, too. One of my HG blushes is Milani's Luminoso - I cannot help but admire the gorgeous glow it gives me, and it's so natural and low key! Plus, it really looks great against tanned skins; I'm never going to ever find myself without this blush.

Dark circles are the my worst enemy, and my insomnia doesn't help matters at all. Ever since I was introduced to the Bobbi Brown Corrector, I've never had to worry about them! I pair this with my Maybelline Fit Me concealer and set with my Ben Nye Banana Powder and I instantly look like I've gotten a fantastic night's worth of sleep.


For the eyes, my go-to primer is the Wet N Wild Fergie Take On The Day primer. It sets a little tacky, but it really controls my oily lids. I can always get at least 7 hours of wear when I use this primer, regardless of the kind of shadow that I use! For the shadows, I used the limited edition Sephora x Pantone Marsala eyeshadow palette (now sadly sold out) shades in Kelp (over the lid) and Carob Brown (in the crease). I then used the Sonia Kashuk Jewel Of An Eye palette's deep green shade in the crease. You can always substitute any khaki, medium matte brown and emerald in their place.

I then used Soap and Glory's liquid liner to thinly line my upper lashline, and Urban Decay's Zero pencil liner on both upper and lower waterlines. I then completed my look with my favorite mascara, Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes!

I wanted to keep my lips soft, so all I used was NYX Butter Gloss in Angel Food Cake.

I've really been enjoying this look and it's become one of my favorite for date nights. It's striking but not dramatic, and isn't overdone.

Are you a fan of khaki shadows? If not, what are your favorite eyeshadow shades? 

2 comments:

  1. I swear I commented on this, where are they goingggg?

    ..Love the look, its a fantastic colour on you. Also, this reminds me that i have no khaki's :o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so strange, I'll look into it :(

      Thanks! You NEED khakis they're just... amazing.

      Delete