Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Becca shimmering skin perfector pressed in blushed copper review

Ahhh, Becca. Highlighter royalty, y'all. If you haven't heard of Becca's famous Shimmering Skin Perfectors, then... I don't know what to tell you, man. Suffice to say that these are some of the nicest highlighters you can find, and the liquid version of the Shimmering Skin Perfectors are considered among the best of the best liquid illuminators.

Anyhow, they've been releasing limited edition versions of their pressed (or, powder) Shimmering Skin Perfectors. First was Rose Gold, which was then made part of the permanent line. and then for Holiday 2014 they released Champagne Gold. And now, they've come out with Blushed Copper.

I'll admit, the name got me intrigued. I expected a rose gold shade, except if that rose gold was pumped full of adrenaline and endorphin. And since I love me some rose golds, I had to try it out. For science!

This is the first time (well, that I know of) that Becca's brought out their limited edition shade in limited edition packaging. The packaging is made of rose gold, and boy is it shiny. It's a fingerprint magnet and smudges very easily, which is a bummer. On the plus side, the packaging feels very luxe and sturdy, and it's absolutely gorgeous to look at.


Here's a picture comparing the limited edition packaging with the standard packaging. The standard packaging looks quite dull when compared to the bright rose gold, but it does have its positives - it doesn't attract fingerprints, or collect smudges.


Apologies in advance; this picture doesn't show up true to color. It's a less brown and less dark than it appears here; for some reason my camera refused to pick up the color when I photographed it on its own.

Blushed copper is a molten, warm-toned copper with copper and gold microglitter. The first thing you notice about this shade is that... it most definitely cannot be used as a highlight. This is insanely pigmented, and the color makes it more suitable as a blush than a highlight.


This is a better picture of Blushed Copper. You can see it's not related to Becca's Rose Gold at all!
When I got my first glimpse at Blushed Copper, I was a wee bit underwhelmed. But the beauty of this shade (and most of Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfectors, for that matter) is that they look so much better on the skin than they do in the pan.

This shade is, in my humble opinion, made for deeper skins. It imparts a luminous flush to the cheeks which is very flattering. The nicest part is that the sheen and the glitter don't emphasize pores; even on my textured skin, it looked good. It made me look healthy!


It has a soft, smooth texture that isn't powdery; you won't get a lot of fallout from it. I find that its easy to be deposited onto most brushes, which leads me to my next point -  it's necessary to use a light hand - even on deeper skins! - because of how pigmented this is. I find it best to use a fluffy brush and build up the color. It's worth the effort, though, because the finish is just lovely.

It goes on applies smoothly on the skin and blends out easily. It lasts a good 6 hours on my oily skin. I do need to blot my skin at the 4 hour mark with this, because the sheen can make my oily skin look oilier (however, I need to do this with most blushes anyway).


Here I've applied the blush lightly; it's possible to be built up to a deeper intensity if you so desire. I love the finish that it gives!

I wanted to see if I had anything in my collection that was similar, so I pulled out a couple of products and swatched them.



While there are several that fall in the same color family - especially the Wet N Wild Fergie Carnival in Rio and the limited edition Sleek blush in Honor - there's nothing similar. It's worth noting that some of these are far more metallic, or more glittery, than Becca Blushed Copper.

Overall, I'm really glad I got this. While it's definitely not a highlighter, it's a gorgeous shade that gives a lovely glow on deeper skins. It's too bad this is limited edition, but I really hope that Becca release more blush-like shades similar to this one!

BGMM Rating: A-

6 comments:

  1. This looks very pretty on you!


    It is SO pigmented, like almost TOO pigmented - like an eyeshadow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)

      I have to agree with you on the pigmentation! And you just gave me an idea - I'll have to try it as an eyeshadow and see how it works, haha.

      Delete
  2. First of all... holy shit your lashes are longgg!
    And secondly, ohmygod so pretty. Why must you make me want more makeup? I cant afford it, woman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, my lashes are thanks to my new favorite mascara!

      This is a reaaaaally nice :O I hope they make it permanent because it's so pretty :D

      Delete
  3. these look so beautiful!

    http://natalyepronio.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The packaging is beautiful and the shades are gorgeous!!! x
    han // emandhan xo

    ReplyDelete