Friday, March 13, 2015

5 pretty pink lip colors from the drugstore for spring

I'm greatly taken aback with Texas weather right now. It just can't seem to make up its mind; gloriously sunny with bright blue skies one day, intensely gloomy and overcast the next. I'd insert a joke about Mother Nature being on her period but I won't because I'm legitimately terrified she might lose her cool and make things far more unpleasant!

Still, despite the weather fluctuations, I'm going to go ahead and scream SPRING! because 1. We've set our clocks forward and lost one hour of sleep, 2. I want to and so I'm going to and 3. Let's face it, most cosmetic companies are moving into summer collections so that must mean something.

Spring usually means pastels, which I love but also hate because I can never wear them (pale shades + brown me = ce n'est pas possible). Still, not being able to wear pastels doesn't mean you can't welcome spring, so I'm going to tell you about my favorite pretty, blush-toned, girly pink lip products that are perfect for spring. Bonus? They won't hurt you where it matters (your wallet, I mean.)


1. NYC Liquid Lip Shine in Rivington Rose
If you like shiny lips, this is going to be something up your alley. It's a medium warm pink gloss with lots of shimmer, so when you put it on your lips look fahbulous, dahling. It's something I go to when I want a little bit more drama, but it's not going to make you into a glitter fairy queen.

Price: $1.97

2. Milani Color Statement Moisture Matte Lipstick in Matte Blissful
So you're not a gloss girl. Matter of fact, you're not the kind of girl who likes shiny lips. Don't worry, because boo boo, I got you. Meet Milani's Matte Blissful - a matte formula that won't drag or dry your lips out. It's super comfy to wear, and the color is gorgeous with a capital G. Pair with a bronze shadow on the lids and you're good to go.

Price: $ 5.99

3. Revlon Super Lustrous Shine Lipstick in Kissable Pink
Full coverage lipstick not your thing, but you can't stand lip gloss? Enter Kissable Pink - a sheer, buildable neutral pink with shimmer and a glossy finish. Don't be fooled, though; the glossy finish does not mean it feels like gloss! It's the sheerest pink of the lot, but so pretty that you can wear it everyday, everywhere and it goes with everything.

Price: $7.99

4. NYX High Voltage Lipstick in Sweet 16
This is part of the new Spring 2015 collection (permanent) and has a creamy finish. Sweet 16 is a mid-toned, neutral pink that looks great against brown skins (but will suit anyone). It's the kind of color you pair with a soft eye and a pink blush for a very romantic look.

Price: $5.99

5. Rimmel Lasting Finish Color Rush Balm in Make Me Blush
Of course I could not not include a chubby lip crayon now, could I? The Rimmel Color Rush Balms have definitely become one of my favorites and it's because they manage to be comfortable, quite long wearing, and (on me, anyway) don't seem to oxidize into that bright pink that many of the other chubby lip crayons on the market seem to do. This is a very pretty pink that will take you through spring and into summer. I've been pairing this with rose gold shadows and I just love the combination!

Price: $4.97


So, what do you think of pinks for spring? Too commonplace? What are your favorite spring shades? Comment below and let me know!

2 comments:

  1. You sealed the deal for me. I need Matte Blissfull

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely one of the more unique (but totally wearable!) shades at the drugstore :)

      Delete