Monday, January 12, 2015

Kiko Cosmetics - Haul and First Impressions!

I'd first heard of Kiko Cosmetics on Reddit, where a couple of European Redditors were talking about their Long Lasting Shadow Sticks being a 'dupe' for the Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks. They weren't very talked about, though, because they aren't easily available in the States, and so they aren't very well known.

Kiko Cosmetics is an Italian brand, and is widely available in Europe. They have several storefronts in the European countries, and they also have an online webstore; unfortunately this is also seems to be only limited to the European countries.

So anyway, a while ago I noticed that the UK Kiko website was having a sale, and so I thought it was a good time to try out some of their products. As I mentioned, I had a big hitch - they don't ship to the States! Luckily, a very kind Redditor offered to place the order for me, and then shipped it over.



What did I get? Well...

Kiko Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow in 04 Golden Chocolate, 05 Rosy Brown, 06 Golden Brown, 21 Passion Fruit, 36 Golden Mauve, 37 Burgundy, 38 Golden Taupe and 39 Dark Taupe.

Kiko Color Fever Eyeshadow Palette in 100 Unexpected Rosy Taupe and 101 Coral Burgundy.

Kiko Water Eyeshadows in 201 Rosy Taupe, 202 Golden Brown, 203 Burgundy, 204 Plum, 205 Chocolate, 206 Pearly Coffee, 207 Sepia, 208 Light Gold, 209 Olive Green, 227 Light Taupe and 228 Taupe.

Kiko Velvet Mat Lipsticks in 607 Passion Red, 609 Cherry Red, 610 Rosy Brown, 611 Autumn Pink and 614 Dark Berry.

Kiko Luscious Cream Lipstick in 512 Plum.

Kiko Ace Of Diamond Lipstick in 34 Active Fuchsia.




The Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadows are extremely pigmented and glide down like butter! They take a little bit of time to set (about a minute) but once they do, they DO. NOT. BUDGE. I had to use two different makeup removers to get the swatches off my hand! They are impressive and I already want more.






The Color Fever Eyeshadow Palettes are wonderful! The shadows are soft, smooth and very pigmented (I'm seeing a recurring theme here!). I really like the shades, although 100 Unexpected Rosy Taupe was not rosy on me at all, and had one true taupe shade. There are no matte shades in either, only satins and shimmery/glittery shades. 101 Coral Burgundy I have fallen in love with, the shades are gorgeous! Mind you, the swatches are on bare skin, each a single pass.







The Water Eyeshadows are just...amazing, and even that feels like an understatement. I'm just... head over heels for these! So smooth, so soft, so silky, so shimmery... they're so beautiful and I just... ugh, I just want them all. Swatches are over bare skin, each a single swipe.




The Velvet Mat Lipsticks have a rose-gold packaging which is absolutely beautiful and feels so luxurious and high end! These are not true mattes, more demi matte in finish. They seemed to drag a little on my skin, but not on my lips, and they are very pigmented. They do leave a stain behind (I took off the lipstick with my Bioderma micellar water and it left a stain behind, but when I use oil to remove the lipstick, there's no stain).

The Luscious Cream Lipsticks have a silver packaging which, again, is gorgeous and really can be mistaken to be from a more expensive brand. This was really smooth and creamy, and goes onto the lips very nicely. I prefer these to the Velvet Mats, and will most likely get a couple more in this formula. These also leave behind a stain.

The Ace Of Diamond lipstick is part of (what I believe) is a limited edition collection. The packaging is a slim, square, gunmetal colored tube, which isn't as nice as the other two. This is supposed to be a demi matte finish, and I'd say that's an accurate description. They're a little drier than the Velvet Mats, and go on a little less easy than the Velvet Mats, but they're not uncomfortable to wear. Again, this left behind a stain.

Overall - Kiko Cosmetics is definitely a brand I'll be purchasing from again. I was impressed with every single thing I bought, and there was nothing that made me feel "Oh I wish I hadn't bought this/spent money on this". If you're able to get your hands on their products, I'd highly recommend you do!

2 comments:

  1. Holy shit woman! Now I need to try a bunch more things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely do! I need to try more, too, haha.

      Delete