Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Lust List - The Holiday Edition

It's barely September but brands are already coming out with their holiday sets, which is making me SO excited (and my wallet so terrified). Still, given that the quality on holiday sets can be kind of iffy, I've decided to be a lot more discerning this year over the holiday sets.


First off we have the Tarte Brushed With Destiny 5- piece Bamboo brush set. This set includes
• contourtionist™ bamboo cream blush & contour brush
• the balancing act™ bamboo foundation brush 
• the buffer™ airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush
• double-ended bamboo eyeshadow brush
• undercover lover™ bamboo concealer brush
• limited-edition collector’s brush & makeup bag

I love how the set looks, especially with the bamboo handles! I've also heard good things about Tarte brushes, so I'm looking forward to this set in my grubby little hands.

Next, we have the very, very droolworthy Lorac Pro Mega Palette. Details about this palette are few, but rumor has it it will be out sometime in November at a price point of about $59. Given that the Lorac Pro palettes are $42, this is a great deal!

A few days ago there were whispers in the wind about a new Vice palette from Urban Decay. Well, those have been confirmed! The Urban Decay Vice 3 palette will be out on September 13th on the Urban Decay website. Sephora and other online retailers will have the palette on the 25th of September. I was unfortunately not makeup savvy when the original Vice palette was released, but I have the Vice 2 palette and really like it, so this definitely goes into my stash!

I'm not sure I've spoken about my love for the Tarte blushes often on this blog, but suffice to say they are one of my favorite formulas ever, which is why I'm completely thrilled about the Tarte Chic to Cheek deluxe Amazonian Clay blush set! It has four new and limited edition shades, which are
• amour (candy pink)
• classic (soft apricot pink)
• prim (plum nude)
• daydream (rosy pink)

Umm yes please with a cherry on top!

I'm sure my list is going to get longer the closer we get to the Holidays, but in the meantime, these are definitely things I'm asking Santa!

Which of the Holiday releases have caught your eye? Comment below and let me know!

6 comments:

  1. I haven't been attracted to the urban decay vice palettes that much but tarte blush and lorac mega palette both look like must have and price point is also amazing! I a waiting for Too Faced to come out with their..last yr I missed their holiday palette which was arrgghh to die for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Too Faced holiday sets are already out at Macy's online! They look really cute. I got the Too Faced palette last year which actually wasn't as nice as the UD Vice 2. It's quite glittery, which makes it hard to use on a daily basis :/

      Delete
  2. That lorac mega palette though... :o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. I need that, I totally need that!

      Delete
  3. I have my eyeball on that Vice palette - I'd love to somehow wangle getting the LORAC one as I've never tried the brand but hear it's amazing! The only issue I have is that I wish there were a few more jewel tones/brights in the palette - it looks like an awful lot of neutrals!

    Totally have my eye on that brush set too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a huge fan of neutrals (like, 95% of my collection is shades of brown!) so I love the Pro Mega automatically. The Vice will supplement the colors I need (can you tell I'm justifying? Heh.)

      Delete