Monday, September 15, 2014

Behold the cuteness! Etude House Missing Me Hand Cream Review


I'm a sucker for cute packaging.

There, I said it. 

As much as I like the clean and simple lines of, say, NARS products, or the beautiful aesthetics of a YSL lipstick, there's a part of me that will always melt when I see something cute, or kawaii.

And having stumbled into the world of Korean and Japanese makeup, I've definitely fallen into the rabbit hole!

I came across these Etude House Missing You hand creams on a Reddit forum, and I was so curious I had to try them...because, I mean... for science?




The Missing You line refers to certain animals that are currently endangered, and how they would 'miss us' if they, well, went missing :-/

The variants are:

  • Panda Story
  • Fairy Penguin Story
  • Harp Seal Story
  • Pink Dolphin Story

Each of these have their own signature scent, as indicated on the bottle.

The Panda has a peach scent. It's a lovely soft, peachy scent that lingers for a little bit after application, but not too long.

The Fairy Penguin has a baby powder scent. I thought I would hate this scent, but it's actually one of my favorites! It smells just like a baby!

The Harp Seal has a mint scent. This isn't your run-of-the-mill mint fragrance. It reminds me of mint leaves muddled with some flowers? In any case, I'm very meh about the scent.

The Pink Dolphin has a floral scent. It smells heavily of rose to me. And not a sophisticated rose, it's the rose scent that reminds you of grandmas. It's heavy, cloying, and not very pleasant to my nasal palate.





The cream itself is light and airy. It spreads very easily, but it doesn't feel greasy. It doesn't feel like it's loaded with silicones, either. It feels quite cooling.

Most importantly, it's absorbed quickly and doesn't leave any weird residue behind. This means you can reapply and go about your day. I absolutely loathe any cream or lotion that feels like it's sitting on top of my skin, and this doesn't feel that way at all. My hands also don't feel slick when I have to wash them at some point (usually indicative of the product not being completely absorbed).

It leaves my hands feeling moisturized, and soft and smooth. The scent is quite heavy and as previously mentioned, does tend to linger for a few minutes. If you are bothered by heavily scented products, this one is not for you.

However, if you're looking for a hand cream that's light, easily absorbed, and comes in the cutest packaging ever, then you need to give these a try!

BGMM Rating: A

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, SO CUTE. :-) I think I'd like the peach scent best, but I kind of love the expression on the pink dolphin's face. It looks so unimpressed with that flower it's holding, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that the dolphin has what is possibly the best duck face ever!

      Delete