Tuesday, August 19, 2014

MAC A Novel Romance Collection - Preview

MAC A Novel Romance debuted on the MAC website on Thursday (August 14th) and will be available in-store on the 21st! I got a few pieces from the collection, and they arrived today.

This means I haven't had the time to completely review them, of course, but I'm going to leave you with a few photos and swatches!
MAC A Novel Romance

MAC A Novel Romance

MAC A Novel Romance

Yield To Love, Heart's Aflame, Lingering Kiss
Yield To Love, Heart's Aflame, Lingering Kiss

Animal Instincts, Fun Ending

Yield To Love, Heart's Aflame, Lingering Kiss

Animal Instincts, Fun Ending
I really like the lipsticks - such lovely Fall colors! Lingering Kiss is a little scary, because it's quite deep and dark, but I'm looking forward to finding ways to wear it.

As for the blushes, Animal Instincts is a little bit of a let down - it's a little hard in texture. I'll have to see if using a scratchy brush to take the top layer off helps. Fun Ending is lovely, though - the texture is perfection!
I do like the color of Animal Instincts better, though, and I'm going to see if using it with a brush helps application.

The lipsticks did leave a stain after taking them off, so they look to be quite long wearing. How long they wear will still have to be tested.

The MAC A Novel Romance Collection includes two blushes, six lipsticks, five lipglasses seven new fluidline eye pencils, three eyeshadow quads, eight electric cool eyeshadow singles, a mascara, and six nail lacquers.

What do you think about this collection? Does anything from the collection catch your eye?

4 comments:

  1. You make me very jealous... it looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, hahaha - you'll be in the UK when it comes out! I love Yield to Love - you need to get it, too!

      Delete
  2. Dude - that is a *serious* MAC haul! :-D I love the colour of Yield to Love - it seems like every collection that MAC releases there's at least one lip product that catches my eye. Looking forward to your detailed reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yield to Love is so gorgeous! Hearts Aflame was a surprising favorite too :D

      Delete