Thursday, July 17, 2014

Travel haircare - my major must haves!


I don't fuss too much with my hair, but in general I have pretty... uhh, moody hair. It's mostly straight and fine, and I have a lot of it - plus it's quite long. Oh, and the kicker - I have hella oily hair. I kid you not. If I wash my hair, I can only enjoy it for that day - the next day and you could fry samosas on my head (not really, but you get the picture, yes?).

The problem is this - I'm quite lazy when it comes to my hair. I like my hair just fine, but I don't have the time (hahahaha okay, this isn't always true) or the inclination (this is mostly true) to do fancy things to/with my hair. But I still want nice hair, so what I always lug around when I travel are:

Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Leave In Conditioning Cream - I have a bit of a secret here - my go-to product is the Dove Style+Care Frizz-Free Shine Hair Cream, but I couldn't find it at the store so I settled for this. It's pretty good; keeps my hair moisturized and mostly frizz free, making it less prone to tangling and generally being all icky. It also leaves my hair looking healthy. Still, I do prefer the Dove, but this is also worth a try.

Batiste Dry Shampoo - when I discovered dry shampoo, the heavens parted, angels strummed their harps and burst out in glorious song. So yes, it's that good. It's the best way to keep my oily hair from looking, well, oily, and extends the time I can go between washing my hair. Since I have really oily hair, I spray it on at night, and brush it out the next morning. It doesn't leave a white cast on my hair, and doesn't produce weird flakes. It also helps to give my hair some texture, so styling it is easier (i.e I can do one of those fancier 'braid-and-ponytail' combos without looking like it's stuck to my scalp). I love this so much that I will cut anyone who tries to take it from me (said the blogger, whispering 'My Precious' to the can lovingly over and over).

I haven't included shampoo and conditioner here because I just use whatever's available - I'm not too picky about that!

What's your haircare routine like? Do you use a lot of products, or do you keep it simple? Comment below and let me know!

8 comments:

  1. I've been dying to get my paws on the Batiste version. I have the Tresemme dry shampoo, though I love the idea, just doesn't work all that well for me -_-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to come right out and say it - the Tresemme dry shampoo sucks . It's just horrible. The Batiste one, however, is great (I also like the Suave one - much cheaper, and is only a wee bit worse than the Batiste one. It's still miles ahead of the Tresemme version, though).

      Delete
  2. My hair essentials would be L'oreal mythical oil serum, satchel of tressme shampoo and conditioner and a travel size intense hair mask. I have dry and poofy hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wanting to try the L'oreal mythical serum for a while now! How do you like it? I've never used hair masks before, hahaha - I guess I should start sometime soon :)

      Delete
  3. LOL @ your description of your relationship with your dry shampoo! :-D I keep meaning to try dry shampoo, but it's expensive here (what isn't?) and I have this pathological aversion to any sort of product in my hair. I know that dry shampoo doesn't really stay in in the way that products like gel do, but still... :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same reservations as you, but when I tried it for the first time, it did wonders for me! And it also made me wonder why it took so long for me to jump onto the bandwagon, haha :D

      Delete
  4. wow ur desicription on dry shampoo -Im completely sold :)
    http://itskrisworld.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha - thanks! I don't think I can ever quite live without dry shampoo ever again!

      Delete