Sunday, June 15, 2014

Weekly Favorites #13


Illamasqua Powder Blush in Hussy - I was completely devastated when this shattered. I'm not even sure how it broke, and I have to still repress it (if I'm honest, I'm scared to repress it!). But, more on to the blush itself. It's a matte reddish pink coral that goes on smoothly and blends beautifully. It's the kind of blush that goes really well with bronzer to give you that 'I've been out in the sun and heated up' kind of look, but without the sunburn and the, well, ugliness of sunburn. It's the kind of shade that's made for deeper skins, because you can wear it without worrying about looking like a boiled lobster!

L'Oreal Color Caresse Wet Shine Stain in Coral Tattoo - I've found myself on a huge coral/orange kick this week, and this helps with the craving! It's a bright orange (there's no coral in this!) that perks up your complexion and sets off a tan. It pairs beautifully with bronze tones - a perfect summer's look! I like that it glides on to the lips, and sets. It's not a true non-transfer, non-fading stain, it will fade away, but the stain it leaves behind is also lovely.

Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Sizzle - if stains aren't your thing, but juicy, shiny lips are, I'm going to direct you to this. It's another bright orange (with a hint of red) that leaves your lips looking shiny and plump. It also moisturizes your lips, which is a plus. The formula isn't too thick and it's not very tacky or sticky, making this quite comfortable to wear.

L'Oreal Infalliable Eyeshadow in Golden Sage - I love, love, love the Infalliable eyeshadows, they're so easy for days you don't have time, or the inclination, to go all out. This is a lovely sage green with gold shimmer in it. You can sheer it out (as I do) or pack it on for a more intense look. All I do is swirl my finger on the surface without pressing, and rub the shadow onto my eyeball, blending it out with my finger. Presto, you're done!

L'Oreal True Match Super Blendable Crayon Concealer in W4-5 - this makes me feel like a little kid. I literally draw on my face with this, and then blend it out with either a brush or my finger. It gives decent coverage (nothing that will cover major zits or very dark circles) but it's been the perfect thing for me of late, now that my skin's behaving. Bonus - if you use this in shades darker and lighter to your skintone, you can use it for contouring and highlighting!

2 comments:

  1. Oh hell Hussy looks good! I'm having a moment with blush, I realize especially when I wear a bright lip, my face looks a bit bland without it. So instead of Hourglass Stuff I'm getting blushes :P
    Also, I did not know L'oreal had that green! We don't get it here :/ I need! :o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Illamasqua blushes, man - amazing. Ugh. I actually prefer them to Nars blushes - mainly because they're matte, but also because they just look so amazeballs. They're totally meant for brown skins!

      I'm surprised that shade isn't available in India - I thought it was part of their permanent range? That's so weird :/

      Delete