Sunday, June 1, 2014

Weekly Favorites #11



Tarte Smoldereyes liner in Taupe and Brown - these are just jumbo eye pencils that have a smudger tool on one end. They're a great way to add some color and definition to your eyes when you're in a hurry. Just apply the liner, smudge away, and you're set! These apply creamy and smooth, but set very quickly, so you don't have much time to work. Still, once they set, they won't budge - at all. They've lasted through a particularly humid day, and when I was caught in a sudden rainstorm, the rest of my makeup came right off, but these hadn't moved an inch!

Clinique Chubby Stick in Chunky Cherry - the original chubby lip pencils. Despite the plethora of chubby pencils in the market, I like these versions, particularly because they have a soft, subdued color, and are immensely moisturizing. They don't last very long, and they don't stain, but they're great for days when you have dry lips, and want something better than a plain lip balm.

NARS Illuminator in Orgasm - I reviewed this here and while I feel that they're just a step below MAC's Strobe Cream, I love the color because it's a great shade for deep, warm skins. If you're looking for something to add color, this won't do it, but it's nice for adding that glow on your face.

MAC Mineralize Blush in Warm Soul - it's hard to describe this blush. It's a burnt beige-y peach with warm tones. It's a great everyday blush, and despite being a Mineralize blush it has no chunky or obvious shimmer. It's got lovely pigmentation, and is so easy to work with. Bonus - it goes with every look possible. I like this blush so much I will state that if you're warm toned, you need this blush, regardless of skin color. It's one of those blushes that looks gorgeous on everyone.

4 comments:

  1. Warm Soul! I tried it the other day, but came away saying.. "I'd never use blush", plus its either this or the Clinique Cheek Pops. Oh nos. Decisions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Clinique Cheek Pops are matte, while Warm Soul is shimmery. If you don't like shimmery blushes, then you might want to avoid this one. But really, the shade is lovely; it looks so natural and lovely! :)

      Delete
  2. I have Chunky Cherry too :-) It's such a lovely, versatile shade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm considering getting more of these because, goshdarnit, they're so moisturizing. I'll be travelling later this month, and I'm pretty sure I need something that's easy to work with. Plus, they actually make pretty decent blushes! (tried and tested, lol).

      Delete