Monday, June 30, 2014

Travel skincare - my major must-haves!


Skin care is an important routine for me, and it gets quite difficult trying to keep it up when I'm travelling and on vacation. Now when I'm on vacation I usually look at two things - how long I'm going to be away for, and whether or not I can make substitutions when I'm away.

Now I'll usually go very minimalistic when I travel and eliminate any frills, but some of the items I have to absolutely take with me are:

The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Wash - this has become my favorite ever since I discovered it, and I love it so much this is my second bottle (a bottle lasts quite some time!). It leaves my skin feeling clean, without stripping away too much of it's natural moisture. I rather like the Tea Tree smell, though it may not be for everybody. I also feel it reduced the number of spots I get!

The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner - this is a watery toner with a sort of residue in it. You need to shake it before use. It's a little on the harsher side, but is very effecting in cleaning dirt and grime off your skin. Be sure to avoid using it too close to the eye area, though. Another thing to keep in mind is the tea tree smell, which is quite strong!

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel - this is on the more expensive side, but a bottle will last a good 6 months. I love that it's lightweight and is absorbed easily. It's perfect for using under sunscreen in really hot weather (which I have in spades here!). It doesn't feel sticky or tacky. Best for truly oily skins, because it will not have enough moisture for normal/combination/dry skins.

Neutrogena Ultrasheer Dry Touch Sunscreen SPF 55 - speaking of sunscreen, I've made it a priority to always wear sunscreen every day, regardless of whether I'm going out or not. I actually disliked this sunscreen in the beginning - I felt it made me oily. After establishing a good skincare routine, though, I tried this again, this time with success! It leaves me quite matte (although does nothing for oil control!) and it doesn't leave a white cast on my skin. It's not the best sunscreen, though, but it's good enough. (As a note, I much prefer the Shiseido sunscreen formula, but it leaves a white cast on my skin, which means I can only use it under makeup.)

The Body Shop Body Olive Body Butter - one of my favorites. It's so very moisturizing but non-greasy, and is absorbed quite quickly. It leaves my skin feeling oh-so-soft. Despite it being a body butter, I also use it for my face at night when I want more moisturization. It hasn't broken me out, but is still leaves my skin feeling plump and hydrated.

What are some of your travel favorites? Comment below and let me know!

7 comments:

  1. I used to be OBSESSED with the tea tree range when I thought I had oily skin. But alas, it was my dehydrated skin begging for moisture.
    But now, The Clinique DDML+ is a staple, as is the Clinique Moisture Surge Over Night Mask.

    I usually take just one of those when I travel (The Moisture Surge, mostly) along with my La Roche Posay Serozinc Toner, Nuetrogena SPF (Best. thing. ever), Glyco A (because my skin has been going through a phase of constant breakouts offlate) and a mask (I love the Fab India Masks, easy to travel with and they really do a great job)!

    So glad to see you post :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm fairly sure I have oily skin... use too much moisturizer? OILFACE. Use too little moisturizer? OILFACE. If my face were reproduceable on a large scale I'm pretty sure it'd solve the world's oil problems :P

      Face masks...ehh depends on where/how long I travel. I've been sticking to kitchen ingredients here and am quite liking the results!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE Body Shop Body Butters! :-D I have about 8 or so on the go at the moment, but I do get through them, as I coat myself in the stuff every single day :-) I've never tried the olive one, though!

    I thinnk you may be right about the Clinique Dramatically Different - I had a generous sample to try, and although I like the way it's non-greasy on the skin to start with, by the end of the day it actually makes my dry skin shiny! Go figure - glad you're loving it, though :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you skin is dry the DD Gel won't be enough - try the lotion! It has a lot of enthusiasts :)

      And agreed on the Body Shop body butters, so amazing :D

      Delete
  3. Mine would be sun bloc (my derma suggested this, as I have really uneven skin tone)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Olay day cream + Olay face wash. I have normal to dry skin, so I minimise my skin care stuff, and pack lotta makeup :p

      Delete
    2. Ahhh, how I envy your normal to dry skin! I can't get away from packing my skin care, so I have to minimize and manage my makeup :(

      Delete