Sunday, May 18, 2014

Weekly Favorites #9


Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey - this is such a great natural-looking shade for me. It's perfect for when I want to slap something on and dash. It's one of the staples I take with me when I travel because it's so easy to use, goes with practically everything, and because of the stain nature, I don't have to reapply as often. Plus, it doesn't dry my lips out. Win!

Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple - yet another Revlon product that is one of my favorites. Candy Apple is a sheer, very wearable red that adds just the right amount of color. It's not very opaque, so I don't have to worry about babying it by using a lipliner and the like, and it's formula is very comfortable to wear. It doesn't last very long though, so frequent touch ups are required. It's also not a good idea to leave this in a hot environment - it will melt. Still, a nice red for those who intimidated by red lipsticks, and a nice formula for those with drier lips.

Ecotools Travel Eye Brush Set - I don't usually review brushes, but I've been travelling this past weekend and this set always makes it into my travel makeup kit where ever I go. They are decent brushes that get the job done, but I can't do overly elaborate looks with them. Still, they're small and sturdy, and won't empty your wallet, which means that even if you lose them/they get stolen, you're not going to be too unhappy.

MAC Bronzing Powder in Refined Golden - this is a finely milled, neutral bronzer with tiny flecks of gold shimmer infused in it. The shimmer isn't very prominent, and doesn't enhance pores. This shade is nice for light to medium skin tones, but those over NC45 may not be able to use this as it will be very similar to their skin color.

MAC Powder Blush in Modern Mandarin - this is touted as a red-orange blush on the MAC website, but the one I have doesn't reflect the description at all. It's more of a warm orange-rust color, and it almost seems like it has some amount of peach to it, but it isn't overly bright. It's a great shade for warm tones, especially when worn along with a bronzer.

What have you been favoring this week? Do you have any travel favorites? Comment below and let me know!

5 comments:

  1. Oo, Refined Golden looks gooooodd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just about a shade darker than me, so it's perfect for daily use! I want to get Golden - I believe it's the matte equivalent, and really, who doesn't like matte, amirite?

      Delete
  2. I love the Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait! It's one of my favourite lipsticks ever, actually. Revlon makes some seriously decent stuff, especially in the lipstick department - Fire and Ice is actually a travel fabvourite of mine, because it's so crazy pigmented you can do heaps of things with it (from stains to full coats, to ombre, to blush...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've bee wanting to get Juicy Papaya forever, but I keep forgetting to, lol.

      I love Fire and Ice! It's so crazy bright and pretty. I'll have to try it as a blush now... hmmmm.

      Delete