Sunday, May 4, 2014

Weekly Favorites #7



Lots of favorites this week with a common theme - easy maintenance. Given that I'm slap-bang in the middle of finals week, whatever makeup I've been using (if any) falls under two criteria - easy to wear and easy to maintain.

Tarina Tarantino Jewel Shadow Palettes "Delightful" and "Magical" -  I reviewed Delightful here. I'm a huge fan of these shadows and I think they have a wonderful formula and are a cinch to apply. The shades they have are good for a single-shadow look or for more elaborate looks.


Sleek Bronzing Block "Dark" - I also reviewed this (click here to go to the review) and while it fell quite short as a bronzer, it really does make a great blush. It is easy to overdo it though, so a light hand is needed if you want to avoid looking sunburned as opposed to sunkissed!


Jordana Easyliner for lips "Rock N Rose" and "Silver Lilac" - these lipliners are very good for the price and do a great job under lipstick - but I've been using them on their own. Shade names are quite deceiving; Rock N Rose is a MLBB for me, a sort of pink-y brown-y mauve-y shade that looks just like my lips. Silver Lilac has neither silver nor lilac, but is a deep pink that leans towards the fuchsia side. I like swiping these over my lips then blending out with my finger for a very natural look.


Korres Lip Butter "Pomegranate" - this is a very jelly-like tinted lip balm. It smells awesome, and is fairly decently pigmented, but it isn't as moisturizing as I'd like it to be. I've been using this on top of the Jordana lipliners for a very easy, fuss-free look.


Sephora Smokey Cream Liner "The Deep End" - I admit I bought this (and two other colors) because they were on sale, and I wanted a blue color liner. I was actually quite pleasantly surprised by this - it's creamy and blendable, but once it sets it's pretty budgeproof. The shade is gorgeous, too - a very gorgeous lapis lazuli color, that's just perfect for summer - think blue skies and the deep blue of the ocean on a perfect beach. It's easy to use these; I use a neutral shimmery brown on the lid and wear this on the lower lash line for a pop of color. 


What have you been reaching for this week? Do you have any go-to looks for times when you have no time? Comment below and let me know!

4 comments:

  1. That Sephora Liner looks divine! I have this thing for blue liners, I always feel they make tanned skin look better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love blue liner. It looks so good on dark eyes, and such an easy way to add some color in a subtle way. The cream liner is good, but I'm thinking of getting a gel liner... the consistency is a little difficult to work with.

      Delete
  2. I want that Korres Lip Butter RIGHT NOW, lol. :-D I've been dying to try those ever since I first heard about them! And that blue liner looks like an absolutely gorgeous colour :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sort of meh about them. I need to keep using them some more to come to a conclusion!

      Delete