Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Tarina Tarantino Jewel Eyeshadow Palette - Magical

Wrapping up the Tarina Tarantino Jewel Shadow palette series is the Jewel Shadow palette in Magical. I know I've sung praises for these shadows over and over again, so not going to do that again.

[Ohmygosh these shadows are so much the shizz I can't even.]


Phew! With that out of my system, on to the review!


The Jewel Eyeshadow palette in Magical houses a set of mauve-y shadow colors that lean on the cooler side; however I think these shades will work on just about everybody, regardless of undertone.






The palette is oval shaped, made of a gunmetal colored metal. The top of the palette has a very pretty purple-y mauve, jewel-like ornament that is helpful in distinguishing this palette from the rest. The palette is palm sized, and is very sturdy. Both the size, as well as the sturdiness of the packaging make it very suitable for travelling.




The inside houses five eyeshadows in mauve-y shades. Personally, I like the design and the packaging, there is hardly any wasted space. The shadows are also very good sized. 




The shades are:

  • Shadow #1 - a pearly light baby pink. 
  • Shadow #2 - a pearly white. 
  • Shadow #3 - a shimmery mauve-y pink.
  • Shadow #4 - a shimmery mauve with a lavender undertone. This has an almost metallic finish when applied. This shade is so gorgeous. I think the whole palette is worth getting just for this shade!
  • Shadow #5 - a satin purple with burgundy tones and gold glitter interspersed through it. The glitter doesn't translate onto the eyes
The colors are all very pigmented and just so soft and silky to the touch. They apply smoothly, and blend out easily, with no fading. The color intensity is spot on. The color that you see in the pan is what you'll get on your eyes (some of the shimmers do tend to look frosty, though).

I'm a little sad there isn't a matte eyeshadow, something to serve as a crease/transition shade. In my view this is the only place where the palette is lacking. While it's possible to create looks with this palette, it's would have been so much nicer had they included a matte neutral shade. 

I have to confess that I really, really like this palette. I've never been a fan of mauve-y eyeshadows, but this one is frankly just gorgeous. If you think rose golds don't work for you, try out these shades; I believe they will really work for everyone!




I always use primer when I apply shadows on my lid, but I never swatch shadows over primer. These last me a good eight hours on my lids - they remain vibrant throughout with minimal fading at the 8th hour.

It's a shame that Tarina Tarantino products are only available in North America. They're well worth picking up, if only for their wonderful formula and pigmentation!


BGMM Rating: A+


2 comments:

  1. I'm putting you on a palette buying ban. Jesus woman!
    Another gorgeous palette. :o

    ..the new font is cool, but slightly hard to read, I feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Palettes are my weakness >.< I'm trying hard to control myself!

      Gotcha on the new font. I'll be changing it soon :)

      Delete