Friday, May 16, 2014

Lorac Pro To Go Palette Review

I'm not a frequent traveler, although I do occasionally travel. Travelling within America, with all it's flight weight restrictions, means that if you want to carry makeup with you, you better be able to pare it down to the bare essentials. What better way to have an all-in-one suited for travel than the Lorac Pro To Go palette?

Now, Lorac eyeshadows are some of my absolute favorite shadows. The Lorac Pro palette will always and forever be on the top ten of my palette list, and for good reason. It stands to good reason, therefore, that the Pro To Go would live up to the expectations set by its big sister.



Excuse the scuff marks - this has been in my arsenal for a while now and I've traveled with it several times too.

The palette consists of six eyeshadows, two blushes and a bronzer. Pretty complete, right? It gets even better - the shadows are divided into three shimmery shades and three matte ones. Also, none of these shadow shades are part of the Lorac Pro Palette, so essentially these are all new shades.


The six eyeshadows are held on one side of the palette, and is closed with a magnetic closure. The palette is made of cardboard, but it is fairly solid and sturdy. And yes, it will hold up to travel; but I usually pack it carefully, and layer my makeup between clothes to protect it from bumps and accidental drops.


The eyeshadow shades are:
Pearl - this is a shimmery pearly champagne.
Chai - this is a gorgeous, shimmery warm golden bronze.
Mink - this is a lovely shimmery taupe-y eggplant.
Shell - this is a semi matte light peach.
Cafe - this is a matte warm medium milk chocolate brown.
Black - this is a matte black. Not very pigmented, but it's not the worst black I've come across.

The eyeshadows are lovely, soft, smooth and buttery. They are all very basic neutral shades that can take you from day to night. I'm in love with Chai and Mink - these shades are so freaking gorgeous I have nothing bad to say about them. I like that these shades are easily workable for a wide range of skin tones.

Over primer, they last on me a good 8-9 hours with light fading at the end of the 8th hour. There's also a little bit of fallout, but nothing unmanageable.


The blushes are held on the other end of the palette (the palette opens out at either end, if that makes sense). There are two blushes, and a medium bronzer.


The shades are:
Coral - a shimmery, pink-toned coral. Something similar to Nars Orgasm (but not exactly the same).
Pink - a matte cool-toned bright pink.
Bronze - a matte medium warm-toned bronzer.

The blushes (and bronzer) are all good quality - smooth, soft, finely-milled powders that apply smoothly and blend out easily. They are nicely pigmented, and can be built up - in fact, I think that for fairer skintones a light hand may be required.

They all last a good 4 hours on me, which is a good time on my oily skin. I think that all of these are suitable for most skintones - NC45 and above might need to layer these heavily





This is really a great travel palette, and the name suits it perfectly. If you're a frequent traveler looking to condense your makeup into one palette, I would highly recommend this. This palette has all you need - it even comes with two mini brushes, a basic shadow brush (that would work for applying base shadows in a pinch, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it) and an angled eyeliner brush that is stiff and works surprisingly well.

BGMM Rating: A

4 comments:

  1. Hehe, your swatches immediately made me want to do a look with Chai and Mink! Something dramatic and smokey for evening...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like wearing Chai as a lid shade with Cafe in the crease for the day, then add some Mink and Black for a night look!

      Shell and Pearl have doubled as highlighters for me, too :D

      Delete
  2. I would totally buy this for chai and cafe! Oh boy, they are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! I love Mink, too. :)

      Delete