Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Korres Lip Butter Review - Guava, Pomegranate & Quince

Korres is a Greek company that specializes in using natural products in their skincare and makeup. Based initially in Greece, they now sell their products globally. I've read a few reviews about the Korres makeup line, and for the most part they were always positive. So when I got a chance to pick up a couple of the lip butters, I jumped at the chance!


These are tinted lip balms that are supposed to have a buttery texture that leave lips shiny and moisturized. They are packaged in little plastic jars; this makes them sturdy and travel friendly.




The color of the lids indicates the color of the balm in the tin; a nice touch that lets you see shade you are picking out. The design of the jar is also very simple and minimal; I like this as I think it looks quite elegant in its own way.




Guava is a clear lip balm, despite appearing white in the pot it does not leave a white cast on the lips. Rather, it leaves lips shiny, rather like lip gloss.

Pomegranate is a light coral-pink lip balm that tints lips very lightly. It doesn't apply as pigmented as it looks in the pot.

Quince is a medium rose-pink. Again, the pigmentation in the pot doesn't translate to the lips.

I wouldn't call the formula buttery - I think it feels more gel like, rather like touching Jell-o (gelatin). The texture I find isn't the best for applying; because it's so sponge-y it takes a few applications (dipping your finger into the pot) to build up to get a sufficient tint and moisturization.

It does spread easily, and doesn't catch on the drier areas on the lip. They are moderately hydrating, but the main downside is that they're really not long lasting at all. The color and shine wear away first in about an hour and a half (it doesn't leave a stain behind) and the moisturization lasts only a bit longer than that (about 30-60 minutes).

I do want to mention that these have a scent; they're scented according to their name. All three have a fruity smell - I found it a little prominent but it doesn't linger. I find the scent quite pleasant, actually, but those of you who have issues with fragrance might want to test these out before buying them.


Now, these aren't the best moisturizing lip balms out in the market. Nor are they the best tinted lip balm. If you're looking for something very hyrdating, look elsewhere. If you're looking for a lip balm with a prominent tint to it, look elsewhere. If you're looking for something mildly moisturizing while giving your lips a light, natural-looking tint, then give these a try.

BGMM Rating: B

4 comments:

  1. And I really wanted to try these - guess I won't be trying them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get the hype - I suppose these will be best suited for those with less pigmented lips. I can see it looking very natural and pretty on them - on my lips, nope!

      Delete
  2. There has to be an upside to having zero-pigment zombie lips, and I guess stuff like these are it :-D. Thanks for the in-depth review though - I've been longing for these for ages now (of course, we don't get them here), and I still think I might try to get hold of one shade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you don't have pigmented lips, these will definitely work for you!

      Delete