Monday, May 19, 2014

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush - Diffused Heat

I previously reviewed the Hourglass Blush in Luminous Flush and mentioned that I was very impressed with it. I have the blush in Diffused Heat for review today.



The Hourglass Ambient Blushes are housed in a gun metal colored, metallic packaging that, while looking absolutely lovely, is a magnet for fingerprints like none other. I had to wipe these down several times while photographing them because even the slightest adjustment would leave fingerprints all over.

They are very sturdy, and would be easy to travel with. However they do weigh a little bit on the heavy side for a typical blush, and so if you're trying to keep your travel kit light while having a variety, you might not be able to do that with these blushes. (I wouldn't travel with them because I'd be too terrified of having something happen to them!)


Diffused Heat is another pink-y coral blush like Luminous Flush, but it has stronger orange tones to it. It also is deeper in color that Luminous Flush. It combines the blush with the Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light. The blush is marbled, as a result of which no two blushes will look the same. In order to use the blush, one has to swirl a blush brush to combine the two shades.


The powder is finely milled, and soft an silky to the touch. It applies effortlessly, and is very easy to blend. It is on the medium pigmented side, so if you are fair, you might want to use a lighter touch. For medium to deep skintones, the color can be built up. The resulting blush, whatever intensity you choose, is very natural and looks like it comes from within your skin.

There isn't any glitter/sparkles, but the finish is a soft, satin-like sheen that gave the skin a glow. It did not emphasize pores, but it didn't do much to blur/hide them either.

On my oily skin, it lasted for a good 5 hours before fading away, which is definitely on the higher side. The shade was also more orange-coral than pink coral, and I would say that this is more on the warm-toned side. I imagine that the color it looks on your skin depends very much on what coloring you are and what undertones you have.



This is a great blush for all skin tones, Deeper skin tones can build this up, while lighter skins might want to use a more gentle touch or a less dense/duofibre/stippling brush.

I love this blush for summer; the lovely coral shade combined with the glow it imparts definitely makes you look healthy and full of life!

BGMM Rating: A

5 comments:

  1. *drools* This looks good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha they look like histology slides to me!

      Delete
    2. See. This is your sciencey brain vs my foodie brain.

      Delete
    3. See! SEE?! I knew I wasn't the only one. Histology slides or raw meat. One or the other. Mind you, that isn't actually a problem - I just can't see anything else, LOL!

      Delete
    4. Hahaha well since I don't eat meat, I veer towards the only thing I know - science!

      Delete