Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush - Mood Exposure

Mood Exposure is the final Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush I will be reviewing. The ones I have previously reviewed are Luminous Flush, Diffused Heat and Radiant Magenta.



The Hourglass Ambient Blushes are housed in a gun metal colored, metallic packaging that, while looking absolutely lovely, is a magnet for fingerprints like none other. I had to wipe these down several times while photographing them because even the slightest adjustment would leave fingerprints all over.

They are very sturdy, and would be easy to travel with. However they do weigh a little bit on the heavy side for a typical blush, and so if you're trying to keep your travel kit light while having a variety, you might not be able to do that with these blushes. (I wouldn't travel with them because I'd be too terrified of having something happen to them!)


Mood Exposure is a light, nude-ish blush with plum undertones. This is one of the lighter shades in the collection, but it's also one of my favorites. It combines the blush with the Ambient Lighting Powder in Mood Light.The blush is marbled, as a result of which no two blushes will look the same. In order to use the blush, one has to swirl a blush brush to combine the two shades.


The powder is finely milled, and soft an silky to the touch. It applies effortlessly, and is very easy to blend. It is on the less pigmented side, so fair skins don't have to worry about overdoing it. For medium and deep skintones, the color can be built up; however I see very deep skintones having issues with this blush - it can look ashy and chalky because you will have to really build it up to be seen. For the rest, the resulting blush, whatever intensity you choose, is very natural and looks like it comes from within your skin.

There isn't any glitter/sparkles, but the finish is a soft, satin-like sheen that gave the skin a glow. It did not emphasize pores, but it didn't do much to blur/hide them either.

On my oily skin, it lasted for a good 5 hours before fading away, which is definitely on the higher side. The shade was also more orange-coral than pink coral, and I would say that this is more on the warm-toned side. I imagine that the color it looks on your skin depends very much on what coloring you are and what undertones you have.



This has become one of my favorite daily blushes because it's so easy to use and adds just the right amount of color to prevent you from looking flat. I'd compare this to Tarte's Amazonian Clay blush in Exposed, except I like this one so much better.

I'd say this is better suited to light and medium skin tones. Anyone over NC45 might want to try it before buying!

BGMM Rating: A

4 comments:

  1. Sorry Mood Exposure - still hung up on Diffused Heat! :-P

    This one is nice, but (as a vampire pale girl) I kind of feel like it might be a bit redundant, since I usually want my blush to give me colour without the white base to it that this one seems to have. I think it's something I'd definitely have to swatch to know, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if you're medium skinned, this is a gorgeous everyday blush. It doesn't add too much color, but it adds *something* to make me look more fresh and pulled together! I'd totally recommend Luminous Flush or Diffused Heat for you, though :D

      Delete
  2. I love how neutral this is. *adds to never ending BBMM induced wishlist* SIGH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha awww - don't worry, I have my own wishlist thanks to you! :D

      Delete