Sunday, April 27, 2014

Weekly Favorites #6





LA Pro Conceal HD Concealer in Warm Honey and Creamy Beige - if you're a regular reader, you will most likely know that I have pretty bad insomnia (to put it mildly) and the resulting dark circles are likely to scare children and the elderly. Luckily no one has put up a "beware of the troll" sign outside my door, and I can attribute it to these concealers. Full review here.

MAC Stobe Cream - this is one of those products I always shied away from, and now that I finally have it in my clutches I never want to let it go. I've been using it every single day from the time I got it, and that's a first for someone as finicky with products as me. This is what I want from a highlighter - a soft glow without sparkles. Such a great way to brighten up your face.

Illamasqua Powder Blush in Lover - if you follow me on Twitter (and you should!) you might have seen me raving about this blush. This is a light orange-peach apricot-y shade, and while it looks like it could apply chalky in the pan, this is not the case. It's a soft color that gives your face a hint of a glow. It's pretty pigmented but doesn't look chalky or ashy, even on my brown skin. Paired with the MAC Strobe Cream, this looks like a summer staple!

Madison Street Beauty Lip Balm in Lavender & Peppermint - I stumbled across a sale that this indie brand was having on Twitter, and took advantage of it. To be honest, I wasn't expecting anything fantastic - my go-to lip balm is the Nivea Lip Butter and it's hard for anything to live up to that. But these are wonderful. It is very moisturizing, but not goopy or greasy, and definitely doesn't slide off my lips. I love the scent, and the peppermint is lightly tingling (not like a lip plumper, but more like menthol? If that makes sense.)

bareMinerals Ready Eyeshadow Quad in The Truth - the bareMinerals Ready formula is one of my favorite shadow formulas (as reviewed here and here). I'm a huge fan of this quad because it has such classic, everyday, work-appropriate shades. Great for slap-on-and-dash-out days.

What are some of your favorites products? Comment below and let me know!

8 comments:

  1. Lover be beautiful. Ugh, if only I could justify getting a blush when I hardly use the one (yes sadly, just the one) I have.
    I've been loving my Strobe Cream, and the MAC eyeshadow in Texture - such a great crease colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, it was all about the brush. I never wore blush because I, um, didn't know that the cheap brushes you got with blushes weren't meant to be used for application :P Once I got the RT blush brush though... total gamechanger!

      Delete
    2. Brushes have never been the problem, I just feel like I look too dolled up :/ Must start wearing blush

      Delete
    3. Try a bronzey-blush! My favorite is the Clinique cheek pop in Ginger - it's not super pigmented but you can control how much goes on, and it's very natural looking :D

      Delete
  2. Oh come here lllllloverrrrr! That Illamasqua blush looks gorgeous! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strobe Cream (and products like it) has always intrigued me! That apricot blush is pretty fabulous too...I'm dying to try some Illamasqua!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually recommended the strobe cream by a friend! I'm looking to try the Revlon Skinlights next - if you get them on sale they're cheaper than the MAC strobe cream!

      I never though an apricot blush would suit my brown skin, but Illamasqua have really worked some magic with this one.

      Delete