Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Weekly Favorites #5

I realize this post is a tad late, and my apologies for that! With that out of the way, here are some of the things I've been enjoying last week:





Lorac Rockin' Red Hot Gloss in Rock It & Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss in Ruby - there's a reason I'm lumping the two together - they're both glosses with a very moisturizing formula. They're easy to apply, for those slap-on-and-dash days. The Lorac Rock It is a coral shade with fine shimmer in it, and the formula is not sticky or goopy. The shimmer isn't chunky, nor does it feel gritty on the lips. There is a little amount of bleeding outside the lips, but that generally tends to happen with all glosses for me. The Smashbox Ruby is sheer, juicy red shade. Like the Lorac, it's not goopy/sticky, and it's an easy way to moisturize your lips while looking good!


Wet n Wild Coloricon Bronzer in Bikini Contest - Yes, it's a massive bronzer, and no, it's not matte. It's a warm, orange-toned shimmery bronzer, but the shimmer translates to more of a glow on the face (no sparkles seen!) I've been enjoying using this not to contour, but to add some warmth, which is frankly a good thing now that summer's in full mode and the roasting has begun.


Clinique Cheek Pop in Ginger Pop - Umm, first of all, HOW CUTE IS THAT? It's the cutest blush I have in my collection and I will weep the day the pattern wears off. Ginger Pop is a deep orange coral that pairs wonderfully with bronzer, and looks equally stunning worn alone. It's not the most pigmented blush I own, but it's a great formula and can be built up. It's pretty goof proof, and very easy to wear.


NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray - Fairly sure the name says it all, but to reiterate, it's a great way to 'set' your foundation for a matte finish. On me, it doesn't give a full matte finish, but more of a semi-matte, which is what I'm usually looking for.



What have you been wearing of late? Any new or old favorites? Comment below and let me know!

4 comments:

  1. I love that NYX Spray - except the dewy finish one. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I can imagine! I haven't tried the dewy one, since the matte once leaves me semi-matte, which is perfect for me!

      Delete
  2. Eeeee! I have the Cheek Pop blush in Peach Pop - I love it so much! I find it to be exactly the same as you - super cute, buildable, foolproof. They're such lovely blushes :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's perfect on those days I'm running late and can't decide on what blush to pick - slap some of this on, and run out the door! :D

      Delete