Sunday, April 13, 2014

Weekly Favorites #4



YSL Rouge Volupte Shine #13 "Pink In Paris" - this is a pinky-coral shade that looks so fresh and juicy for summer. I'm going to go ahead and admit that while this shade might be dupeable, I adore the YSL packaging and it never fails to make me feel glamourous. The shade applies semi-opaquely on the first application, but it can be built up. The glossy formula doesn't last very long - about two hours on me - but it does leave a faint stain behind.

MAC Fluidline in Our Secret - this is a warm, chocolate-y brown with red microglitter in it. It applies smoothly, and is opaque. It's a great option for those days when black is too harsh, and I like that the microglitter adds a teeny bit of sparkle that isn't too over-the-top or inappropriate.


Bobbi Brown Corrector in Dark Peach - of late I've been having a terrible sleep cycle and coupled with the fact that I'd love to sleep in but I can't has left me with some serious dark circles. Clearly I need to load up on more sleep but until then the Bobbi Brown Corrector shall continue to help me pretend I'm wide-awake and well-rested. The cream formula isn't so thick that it won't spread, nor is it so thin that it's ineffective. I usually apply this beneath my concealer. Keep in mind that if you wear this alone it will have to be set with powder or it will crease.


Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in Medium - a relic of my concealer-hunting days, I picked this out thinking it would help me cancel out some of the darkness under my eyes. It turned out to be too light for it's intended purpose and ended up stashed away, but I've re-discovered it for a different purpose - it makes a wonderfully subtle highlighter and I've been enjoying it's light, sheer formula for that purpose!


Stila In The Know Palette - this is an all-matte palette that I've reviewed before (see here) and I particularly like the fact that it helps me look put-together for days when I feel anything but. The warm-toned shades also suit me, and the formula is smooth and lovely.



What have you been favoring of late? Have you shopped your stash recently? Let me know in the comments below!

[P.S - Just a note to mention that next week will be palette week!]



1 comment:

  1. I don't have enough makeup to "shop my stash" per say.. but I've been obsessed with my Makeup Geek Eyeshadows. So frekkin' fantastic.

    ReplyDelete