Monday, April 7, 2014

Weekly Favorites #3


Smashbox Heat Wave Palette - With summer right around the corner, I've been favoring more brighter, lighter, more cheery shades. This palette gives me that and so much more. With soft, pigmented shadows that suit my warm-toned self well, this palette is one of my favorites for the warmer weather!

Too Faced La Creme lipsticks - These lipsticks are some of my favorite formulas. Creamy, soft, smooth, they're very comfortable to wear, reasonably hydrating, and never feel too heavy on my lips. The downside is that their creaminess affects wear time, but really, with something as comfortable as this, you won't mind reapplying. Taffy is a light pink-nude while Pink Chocolate is a pinky-brown that's a shade deeper than an MLBB (My Lips But Better) shade for me.


Houglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light - This was something I picked up during the Sephora Chic Week sale. I've been really really itching to try these, and now that I have, I can safely say that the hype is true, people! The Dim Light shade gives me a subtle, soft, glow-y look. As far as I can tell, it doesn't hide my pores and imperfections, but when I wear this, they're never highlighted; it's kind of blurred out. I've really been loving this, both as a setting powder and to wear alone. It's pretty decent at oil control too, which is an added bonus. Full review to come soon!


Chanel Le Blush Creme in Intonation - One of the best cream blush formulas ever. I kid you not. This lovely apricot-y coral shade just screams summer, but the best part? It lasts on my oily face for a good 6 hours without fading. That's a heckuva feat! Factor in the easy blendability, the intense color payoff, and the smooth silkiness of the formula, and you've got one winner all around.


Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer - A light tinted moisturizer, I've been liking the formula but I'm not so happy about the high level of dewyness it imparts to my face. It's not very long lasting either, but it's great for lazy days when I need to look pulled together but don't want to put in the effort. Normal and dry skins will enjoy this formula more than oily/combination skins.

2 comments:

  1. DIM LIGHT!! Whooot, I love seeing Hourglass powders in favorites. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do belong there! :D

      Delete