Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Quick Sample Review - YSL Touche Éclat Radiant Touch

This is going to be a quick review - I don't actually own this product, all I have are samples of it (speaking of samples, don't you love them? What a great way to try out a product without putting in the investment).

YSL Touche Eclat Radiant Touch is already a well-known and well-loved product. It can serve as a concealer, but more often than not, it's used as a highlighter.


The product is very creamy and blendable. The pigmentation isn't the best, but the quality is excellent. It comes in a variety of shades, and the shades have either a pink or yellow tone to them.



An example of some of the uses touted by the sample card
Samples of No.1 (Luminous Radiance), No.2 (Luminous Ivory) and No.4.5 (Luminous Sand)
L-R: No. 1, No. 2, No. 4.5

No. 1 and No. 2 were too light for me, but I used No. 4.5 for highlighting, and let me tell you, I am blown away. It is such a subtle highlight, but it really brightens up your face and makes you look so awake. If it weren't for the price tag (and the fact that I'd most definitely get addicted to it), I would make this my HG without any qualms.


Here's a look I tried out using the YSL Touche Eclat in No. 4.5 (Luminous Sand)




Products used:

  • Face - MAC Face and Body in C6 (testing it out), MAC Pro Longwear concealer in NW35 (again, testing it out), YSL Touce Eclat in 4.5 (highlight), MAC bronzing powder in Refined Golden, theBalm Sexy Mama (setting powder)
  • Eyes - Bare Minerals Ready eyeshadow 8.0 in The September Issue (gold shade on lid, aqua/teal shade on lower lashline), Jordana 12-hour eyeliner in Aqua Stone (lower waterline), Tarte eyelash curler,  Pixi Lash Booster mascara
  • Lips - Burt's Bees lip balm, Revlon Super Lustrous lipgloss in Electro Shock
I love this product. I just wish it didn't cost so much. I've also heard that the amount of product has is on the lower side (especially for the price point!).

BGMM Quick Rating: A

2 comments:

  1. Touche Eclat is apparently meant to be a highlighter .. if you have an issue with the price tag, I recently got the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch - Touche Eclat like thing in Honey. Oh, its brilliant! :)
    I've been testing it out along side my mom's Touche Eclat and honestly, not too much of a difference. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard about that one! Hmmm, might have to check it out soon. I think L'Oreal has one too, which is supposed to be similar to the YSL one - wouldn't be surprised since they both have the same parent company!

      Delete