Tuesday, April 8, 2014

NYX Matte Lipstick Review

For the final installment (so far) on the NYX lip products front, I've dabbled in a few of their matte lipstick shades. I'm a sucker for mattes, but I do prefer that they're comfortable to wear and don't dry out my lips!



The Matte lipsticks are housed in a black plastic case with a clear panel in the middle that lets you see the shade of the lipstick. It does help you see which shade you're picking up, but only if you're storing them sideways. If you're storing them upright, it's easy to get confused.




The shades I have are:

  • Street Cred - a red-tinged coral.
  • Merlot - a deep red.
  • Aria - a pink - purple.
  • Siren - a deep burgundy wine.

They have a light, slightly dry formula that tugs a little bit on the lips. It's not unpleasant, but it's something to take note of. They do seriously emphasize dry patches, so prior prepping is very important. One thing I like about them is that while they do apply opaquely in one swipe, you can sheer them out or build them to full coverage.

They last a goodish time on me - 4 hours with light snacking inbetween. The deeper shades also leave a mild stain behind. They don't dry out your lips, but they don't moisturize them either. They're a fairly comfortable formula to wear. They fade a little unevenly, starting from the center of the lips, but it's nothing terribly noticeable.


I do like these lipsticks. They're a nice matte formula at a good price point, and I like the array of shades available. It's worth investing in one or two of these, particularly the more outlandish shades.

BGMM Rating: B+

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's definitely a very pretty shade... pretty unique among drugstore brands I think!

      Delete