Friday, April 11, 2014

Chanel Le Blush Creme Review - Chamade and Intonation

Let's face it; cream blushes do not mesh well with oily skin. There's something about cream formulas that slide off oily skin, or worse, are eaten up voraciously by oily skin. Any time anyone with oily skin wants to wear a cream blush, they have to 'set' it with powder blush on top, just to get it to last decently long.

Now, all that may be an exaggeration to most of you out there, but that's how my skin has always treated cream blush. Which has always made me sad, because cream blushes are so nice to wear. They're soft, and blend out easily, and are a cinch to apply. It's also much easier, in my opinion, to control the intensity of the color when you use cream blushes. 


Given all that, it's no wonder I've been on the lookout for a good cream blush - something that can last on my oily self. Where has this lead me, you ask? Right on to the trail of Chanel Le Blush Creme.






These are intensely pigmented blushes that feel very, very velvety, and apply smooth as silk. They almost feel like a cream-to-powder formula, and very similar to Illamasqua's Velvet Blushes.


As you can see from the pictures, they have been (rather well) used by me. They look almost scary in the pan, but if you apply them with a stippling brush, as I do, it's very very easy to control the payoff. You can also use your fingers to apply, but I personally find the stippling brush easier to use. The nicest thing about these blushes is how easy they are to blend!



The blushes have a nice-sized mirror for application on the go. The packaging is sleek and very classy - there's no unnecessary excessive packaging - as there's no brush included. However, I'm not very happy about the fact that the packaging is made of plastic - it seems to me for the price you pay for them, it should have been made of better, sturdier material. Also, the high-shine finish means that - yup, you got it - the exterior is a magnet for fingerprints. I hate smudgy fingerprints on packaging! *shakes fist angrily*

The shades I have are:

  • Chamade - a deep reddish pink.
  • Intonation - an apricot-y coral shade.


I'm pretty sure I could go on and on raving about these, but I'll try and keep it short and informative. They have a lovely formula, apply like a dream and are a breeze to blend out. They are highly pigmented, so fairer skins might want to use caution, but these will look brilliant on deeper skintones.

Worn alone, on bare, moisturized skin, they last a good 5 hours on me. If I use a tinted moisturizer/foundation and these on top, they last 6+ hours on me.

Something else that I appreciate about them is that they have a satin-matte finish. There's no shimmer or glitter in them, which makes them perfect for daily use.




I am totally in love with these blushes and look forward to adding more to my arsenal! They are definitely worth a try. Intonation in particular gives you such a natural, pretty flush, so if you had to choose between the two, that's what I'd recommend.

BGMM Rating: A+

7 comments:

  1. *adds intonation to wishlist* These aren't limited edition, are they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I checked, they are limited edition :/

      Delete
    2. Hear that? That is the sound of my heart breaking.

      Delete
    3. They should still be available though (or coming out soon in India - not sure of the release time differences).

      PS there's a new LE blush coming out soon for summer (it's called Cheeky and is a rose with bronze tones to it - how interesting is that!)

      Delete
    4. They're Sold Out Here too! Went to the counter today :(

      Delete
  2. I love these blushes too :-) I have Affinite, and it's my go-to blush! I wish I could expand my collection (hehe, I'd take the lot!) but I'll have to raid a few more big dragon-hoards before I can do that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it! My wishlist includes Pokemon-ing the lot :D

      Delete