Friday, April 18, 2014

bareMinerals The September Issue Palette Review

(Note: This post was supposed to be up earlier today, but as I was writing it I noticed that the swatch photos were slightly off due to the lighting [or lack of]. I'm going to go ahead and post them anyway, but I'll be editing this post later on with better swatch photos)

Today I bring you yet another limited edition palette whose availability at the given time is dubious, to put it lightly. Yes, I know, I'm terrible, but bear in mind that I'm more concerned with the quality of the shadows, and that you can get similar shadows as quads.






The palette is a metallic silver, about the size of my hand, and is very sturdy. The only flipside is that the shiny surface attracts dust and fingerprints - and if you know anything about me by now, it's that I loathe fingerprints/dirt on packaging. Still, fairly easy to wipe off and keep clean.


The inside of the palette houses eight shadows, with a variety of finishes from matte to glitter. The shadows are fairly small sized. It also comes with a double-ended brush. The brush isn't the best quality, and feels a little scratchy.





The shadows are:

Couture - a neutral shimmery tree-bark dark brown.
Silhouette - a pearl creamy white.
Statement - is a matte fuchsia orchid.
Pret-A-Porter - a metallic warm molten amber gold.
Tres Chic - a matte pale peach.
Editor's Pick - a deep teal blue that has a blackened base.
Glitterati - a shimmery baby pink with microglitter.
Ensemble - a matte dark brown with burgundy tones.

The quality of these shadows is excellent. They are all soft, creamy, very pigmented, and a little goes a long way. Even the mattes apply smoothly, without patches. They blend easily, without requiring any extra work, and the shades are lovely. Some of them can be duped easily (Ensemble, Pret-A-Porter and Glitterati), but the ones I think will be difficult are Statement and Editor's Pick.






I know this palette is no longer available, but the quality of these shadows are lovely. I'd definitely recommend trying out the bareMinerals Ready shadows.


BGMM Rating: A

3 comments:

  1. Your swatches made me immediately want to find my UD dupes (sort of) for Statement and Pret-a-Porter and make a look with them together. Orchid and gold is such a gorgeous combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! They'd make such a great spring-y look! :D

      Delete