Wednesday, April 16, 2014

bareMinerals The Finer Things Palette Review

bareMinerals is, if you will excuse the unimaginative description, a brand vested in mineral makeup. And by that, I mean a lot of their products are found in the loose, powder form. (can you tell that I'm particularly bad at describing companies?)

Anyway, I never paid them much attention. In my mind, loose makeup = increased chances of making a royal mess, and given that I'm a klutz, it did not bode well.

Still, reviews about their products trickled down to me (and by that I mean the lovely bloggers I follow posted about them) and the only thing that caught my eye was their Ready eyeshadows.

Most of the bareMinerals shadows, as previously mentioned, are in the loose form, but their Ready line has pressed products. Of particular interest were their eye shadows (yes, I'm a sucker for eye shadows) and so when the opportunity presented itself, I indulged.



Note: this palette was limited edition, Which means that it's not technically available in stores, but a few places will have them, if you're lucky. I'm more interested in reviewing the quality of the shadows, as opposed to the colors.



The palette is a metallic silver, about the size of my hand, and is very sturdy. The only flipside is that the shiny surface attracts dust and fingerprints - and if you know anything about me by now, it's that I loathe fingerprints/dirt on packaging. Still, fairly easy to wipe off and keep clean.



The inside of the palette houses eight shadows, with a variety of finishes from matte to glitter. The shadows are fairly small sized, about the size of your big toenail (such a classy comparison!).





The shadows are:

Penthouse - a matte black shadow with silver glitter in it. 
Custom Made - a peachy-pink shimmer shadow. This was a little powdery compared to the rest.
Chateau - a cool-toned matte slate gray shadow.
Truffle - a warm, amber brown shimmer shadow.
First Class - a cool-toned light dirty gold shimmer shadow.
Upgrade - a mauve-silver-taupe shimmer shadow. Definitely one of the more unique shades I've come across.
Five Star - a matte pure white shadow.
Private Isle - a matte deep ocean blue shadow.

The quality of these shadows is excellent. They are all soft, creamy, very pigmented, and a little goes a long way. Even the mattes apply smoothly, without patches. They blend easily, without requiring any extra work, and the shades are lovely. Some of them can be duped easily, but the ones I think will be difficult are Upgrade and Custom Made.



I know this palette is no longer available, but the quality of these shadows are lovely. I'd definitely recommend trying out the bareMinerals Ready shadows, they have a few quads in their permanent range that I now have my eye on!

BGMM Rating : A

1 comment:

  1. I've been drooling over their duo's. Saw essiebutton use one and I've been drooling ever since.

    ReplyDelete