Sunday, March 16, 2014

Weekly favorites #1

I have no idea why I haven't been doing this. Given the fickleness that is me, when it comes to makeup, I keep rotating between my stash quite frequently.



Given the imminent arrival of summer here I've been opting for more summer-y shades. in particular, my recent purchase of Sleek's Aruba blush has me thrilled. It is an vibrant, vivid orange shade that looks scary in the pan but downright gorgeous on the face. I'd recommend a light hand, because even on my NC42-45 skin I have to watch out not to overdo it.


With the orange-ish flush on my cheeks a lovely complement is the MAC Dreaming Dahlia liptick. This was part of the A Fantasy Of Flowers collection and one of my favorites. It's a sheer orange color that isn't glowing or too bright, but adds a warmth and glow to your face.


I've mentioned the Maybelline Color Tattoos Spring 2014 collection and I particularly am enjoying the easy swipe-and-go colors among them. In particular the Nude Compliment shade is a lovely taupey brown that lets you look pulled together with minimal effort!


I'm still in the process of testing out the Ben Nye Banana Powder (yes, I gave in to the hype) and I have to say that I'm liking it so far. I've used it to set my concealer (on most days) and foundation (on the rare occasion) and it does go a-ways in brightening and setting.


The Clinique High Impact Mascara is my tippy-toe into the world of mascara, as it gives me definition without exaggerating length or volume - and makes it perfect for everyday use.


What have been some of your favorites this week? Comment below and let me know!

1 comment:

  1. My favorite this week has got to be my Bobbi Brown Eyeshadow in Cognac. I can't stop wearing it!
    Aaaah, I need that Banana Powder! :(

    ReplyDelete