Saturday, March 15, 2014

Maybelline Color Tattoos - Spring 2014 Dare To Go Nude Shades Review and Swatches

Now I'm a huge fan of eye shadows and try to make it a point to wear them every day (how well I wear them is another question altogether). However my love for a nicely-done eye is rivaled by my love for sleep and there have been several mornings when I've woken up too late to pull myself together as leisurely as I'd like.Times like these are when the Color Tattoos come in handy. 

The Color Tattoos are a widely reviewed product at this time, so I'll keep my review brief. 


Maybelline Color Tattoos are a cream eyeshadow product that come in quite sturdy jars (seriously, don't drop one of these babies on your foot, it'll hurt). They are long lasting and crease resistant, and very pigmented. 


The flipsides are, well, they actually aren't crease resistant on me, but that's thanks to my oil-slick lidsm and your mileage may vary. Another issue is blending - these aren't exactly conducive to blending, and excel better at a stand alone, slap-them-on-your-lids-and-rush-out-the-door product.


There are quite a few permanent shades in this line, and seasonal collections that Maybelline keeps putting out. The Dare To Go Nude Collection is out for Spring 2014, and features 6 new, limited edition Color Tattoos. I have four of them for review today.

Beige-ing Beauty, Caramel Cool, Nude Compliment, Sleek & Spice
Beige-ing Beauty, Caramel Cool, Nude Compliment, Sleek & Spice
Beige-ing Beauty, Caramel Cool, Nude Compliment, Sleek & Spice
Beige-ing Beauty, Caramel Cool, Nude Compliment, Sleek & Spice
Beige-ing Beauty, Caramel Cool, Nude Compliment, Sleek & Spice
Beige-ing Beauty, Caramel Cool,
 Nude Compliment, Sleek & Spice
 I love this collection for the wearable and work appropriate shades they have, and I think it's too bad that Maybelline aren't making this part of their permanent range. I think these are the kind of shades that will be popular with everybody, regardless of skin color.

Beige-ing Beauty is a shimmery, sheer beige shade that has little flecks of glitter in it. Of the four shades, this is the least opaque and the most disappointing of the four.


Caramel Cool is an orange toned coppery bronzey shade that is very opaque and creamy and has good pigmentation. This is one of my favorite shades. However, this color is not what I'd associate with caramel! 


Nude Compliment is a warm, light taupe-y brown shade. This also was very creamy and opaque. Another one of my favorite shades!


Sleek & Spice is another taupe-y brown shade, that has cool undertones and is darker than Nude Compliment. It's a pretty shade that I use as a base for a brown smokey eye.



Beige-ing Beauty, Caramel Cool, Nude Compliment, Sleek & Spice
Beige-ing Beauty, Caramel Cool, Nude Compliment, Sleek & Spice
Overall, I do recommend these, with the exception of Beige-ing Beauty. These are lovely, work appropriate shades with a lovely formula and excellent pigmentation. It's a shame they're limited edition, but do grab a shade or two if you get the chance!

BGMM Rating:


  • Beige-ing Beauty - C+
  • Caramel Cool - A
  • Nude Compliment - A
  • Sleek & Spice - A
Do you have these already? What do you think of them?

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, been eyeing caramel cool, but I'll never be able to get it, sigh. How does it compare to Mac's Amber Lights?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have any MAC shadows, so can't compare :( Looking at swatches of it though, I'd say they're pretty similar!

      Delete