Monday, March 24, 2014

MAC Magnetic Nude Extra Dimension blushes review

The MAC Magnetic Nude collection came out sometime last year, and it wasn't until about two weeks ago that I decided to pick up two of the three blushes from the collection. Luckily, they were still available, and after doing quite a bit of reading I decided that I definitely needed Autoerotique and Pleasure Model.


Autoerotique, Pleasure Model
Autoerotique, Pleasure Model
Now I'd like to mention here that I had a devil of a time trying to get these to photograph true to color, but placing them on the carpet seemed to do the trick. Strange.

Anyhow, these are gorgeous blushes that also are my first MAC blush purchase! As you can see from the picture above they aren't matte, but they don't have any visible shimmer or chunks of glitter in them. They are just a lovely, soft, satin finish that really add a glow to your face.



Autoerotique, Pleasure Model
Autoerotique, Pleasure Model
Autoerotique
Autoerotique is a warm pinkish coral. As I previously mentioned, it has a satin finish that is very flattering. I think that deeper skintones will absolutely adore this shade for summer.

Pleasure Model
Pleasure Model is a warm rust-y terracota with a satin finish. This has become my go-to blush on days when I'm running late, because it's so easy to apply and blend, and goes with practically any look.

Both blushes are very well pigmented, easy to apply and blend out easily. They also last a good amount of time on my oily skin - after 4 hours, it was going strong and would have probably lasted a while longer if I hadn't washed my face and taken it off. Fairer skintones will have to use a light hand because of the pigmentation, but these will really shine on deeper skintones. The satin finish does not exaggerate pores, not does it look frosty.



Autoerotique, Pleasure Model
Overall, if you have a chance to get hold of these (they are limited edition, sorry!) I'd recommend you try one. They are a wonderful addition to any collection!

BGMM Rating: A

2 comments:

  1. Oo, somehow I'm never drawn to blushes - I always go for bronzers/highlighters, I own one blush.. but this makes me feel it is time to try more blush :o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I used to hate blushes till I tried using the RT blush brush, now I'm addicted! I'll try bronzers if you try blushes ;)

      Delete