Wednesday, March 12, 2014

First attempt at indie shadow pressing!

I've been slowly getting into indie cosmetics. There are lots of advantages to going for indie companies, including very pigmented products, personalized service, you know exactly what goes into the products, very affordable prices and some very unique and different colors!

I randomly stumbled across Chinovi Cosmetics one day when they were having a 50% sale (I love sales!) and even though Googling them did not produce many results, they had a limited edition collection that caught my eyes - called Oh My Gods.


The shades were named after Ancient Greek Gods and Goddesses! Now if you know me, I'm a huge, huge lover of all mythology, and Greek mythology is one of my favorites. So this collection, and the fact that it was on sale... clearly the universe wanted me to have it.


I purchased samples of the collection with the intent of pressing them - I'm not very good at dealing with loose shadows. And so I thought I'd give it a shot today!


I'll go into a more in depth tutorial later on, but here are some pictures of the finished product in the meantime:




As you can see, the bottom silver and blue had a minor mishap while pressing. I used the wrong paper towel to press and ended up getting a different color on them :(




L-R: Hera, Hermes, Aphrodite, Apollo, Athena, Ares, Artemis, Poseidon, Zeus, Hephaestus, Dionysus, Hades
I'm actually loving this collection. My favorite shades are Athena and Dionysus! They have quite a bit of glitter in them but minimal amount of fallout.

I'm very glad that I managed to press them reasonably successfully! It's so much easier and stress free to use them this way.


Have you ever attempted to press loose shadows? How did it turn out?

2 comments:

  1. You should try Fryrinne. Their shadows are always SO complex. And NO glitterglue can beat pixi-epoxy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do own some Fyrinnae shadows! Love them! I still have to get hold of pixie epoxy, but they've always been closed the last couple of times I've gone to their site :(

      Delete