Saturday, November 9, 2013

Wet n Wild LE Beauty Army eyeshadow trios

I've beem MIA. And what's worse, I've been terrible at it. It first started out as a "okay, taking a break to catch up on stuff" and went to "meh, I need another break from the stuff" to "Oh God I've been away for so long I'm ashamed to go back".

But quitters aren't winners... or something like that.


I've been meaning to put this up for a while now, but, err, circumstances. Better late than never!


So, I'm a pretty big fan of Wet n Wild eye shadows. For a drugstore brand, they are insanely pigmented, and good quality. They are also easy to blend, and if you're not careful, easy to overdo.


I have, I think most of permanent trios and 8-pans that they have out, so when these came out, of course I had to snap them up.


The trios include:

  • Zero Dark Flirty
  • Soldier in Charms
  • Enlisting for Beauty
  • I don't do Camouflage
L-R: Soldiers in Charms, Enlisting for Beauty, Zero Dark Flirty, I don't do Camouflage
L-R: Soldiers in Charms, Enlisting for Beauty, Zero Dark Flirty, I don't do Camouflage
Zero Dark Flirty
The browbone shade is a pale satin pink with shimmer. It's really pretty and easy to work with. Could also double as a cheek highlight for those with fairer skin tones (and pink undertones).
The crease shade is a shimmery blackened plum. This was hard to swatch, it felt dry and chalky. The color had to be built up. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, building color is better than adding too much.
The eyelid shade is a purple-plum that looks matte in the pan but has some shimmer. It was soft and produced minimal fall out, but the color had to be built up a little.


Soldiers in Charms
The browbone shade is a shimmery off-white. Very soft, easy to apply and produced minimal fallout. Could double as a cheek highlight, the off-white color makes it look very natural as a highlight.
The crease is a intense matte black. This is intense! Crazy pigmented, soft as butter, and easy to blend. 
The eyelid is a satin deep grey. I'm not usually a fan of grey, but this is such a pretty color. It's soft and easy to work with, and makes for a great smokey eye!

Enlisting for Beauty
The browbone is an light orange-beige matte. LOVE this color. I often use it as an all-over-the-lid color for rushed mornings. Perfect for deeper skins, or those with yellow undertones.
The crease is a matte dark expresso. Slightly on the drier side, but fairly easy to work with. Not as pigmented as I'd like, the color has to be built up a little.
The eyelid is a satin khaki. Such a pretty color! Soft, easy to apply and blend, and it works well on its own.

I don't do Camouflage
The browbone is a shimmery light blue. This was very soft and produced quite a bit of fallout.
The crease is a deep navy blue with glitter. This had the worst payoff of all the trios. It was very chalky and hard to apply.
The eyelid is a shimmery azure blue. Such a pretty color! Fairly easy to apply.

I loved the Enlisting for Beauty trio, and use those shades fairly regularly. They're easy to work with neutrals, which is perfect for me! I also like Zero Dark Flirty - this is great for those wanting to venture into plums and purples, because you can control how intense the color payoff will be by building up the color.


I like Soldiers in Charms, and I think the browbone shade and the crease shade are colors I don't already have. I also appreciate having a matte black eyeshadow, it's very versatile.


My least favorite would have to be I Don't Do Camouflage. The navy shade (crease) which was what made me pick up the trio isn't very pigmented and is hard to work with. I don't see myself using the browbone shade on the browbone, and I won't use it on the eyelid. I might get some use out of the eyelid shade. 




L-R: (Zero Dark Flirty) Browbone, Crease, Eyelid.  (Soldiers in Charms) Browbone, Crease, Eyelid

L-R: (Zero Dark Flirty) Browbone, Crease, Eyelid.  (Soldiers in Charms) Browbone, Crease, Eyelid

L-R: (Enlisting for Beauty) Browbone, Crease, Eyelid.  (I Don't Do Camouflage) Browbone, Crease, Eyelid.

L-R: (Enlisting for Beauty) Browbone, Crease, Eyelid.  (I Don't Do Camouflage) Browbone, Crease, Eyelid.

Overall, I'd recommend picking up Enlisting for Beauty and Zero Dark Flirty. The others would depend on whether or not you're interested in the colors they feature!


BGMM Rating: Enlisting for Beauty A-
                            Zero Dark Flirty B+

                            Soldiers in Charms A-
                            I Don't Do Camouflage C+

No comments:

Post a Comment