Saturday, August 31, 2013

Wet n Wild Fergie Collection Lipstick in Bebot Love review

I love sleep. I mean, it's always so hard for me to wake up at 6 am every morning to get ready for classes and teaching and lab. I overuse my poor snooze button every day of the week!

Now the problem with overusing your snooze button is that you'll end up with less time to actually get ready... so what can you do to save time but look great? Slick on a great nude lipstick, of course!


Wet n Wild Fergie Collection's lipstick in Bebot love is just so easy. It's a lovely nude lipstick that's great for everyday use.






The packaging is nothing to talk about, it's a plastic silver and black cover with a clear plastic cap. It does feel cheaply made and the bullet catches fingerprints like... well, CSI? Anyway since I value quality over packaging (even if I do adore cute packaging) it's not such a big deal for me, given that it was quite low-priced.


The top of the plastic cap has some sort of sign/crest/symbol thingie that's supposed to indicate it's from the Fergie Collection (?). I thought it was cute.


My huge gripe with this lipstick is that it doesn't swivel all the way down into the tube, which makes closing it a huge task - I have to be mega careful so I don't nick the lipstick with the cap, and I don't like have to be that careful - I want something that will let me open, apply, click shut and go!


Coming to the formula this is a creme formula that applies smoothly - no tugging at the lips here. It's an opaque formula that covers the lips with one swipe. It isn't drying, but neither does it afford moisture. The one thing that I do like about this lipstick is that it doesn't emphasize lip lines, not does it stick to drier parts of my lips. Nevertheless it's always advisable to prep your lips before using any kind of lipstick.

I'm a huge fan of the color, which is a peachy-beige nude. It isn't one of those nudes that will wash me out completely, but it sort of hugs my lips, and evens them out. Perfect for days when you don't have time to think about what lip color to wear, and also for smokey eyes. 


As you can see from the swatch above it's only a couple of shades darker than my skin tone making it a perfect nude for me - lighter skins and less pigmented lips than mine would probably find this an MLBB shade.

All in all I think it's a lovely lipstick well worth investing in. I won't dock points for the packaging, but I will dock points for the fact that it doesn't swivel all the way down, which is a huge annoyance for me - others might not find it as inconvenient as I do.

If you're looking for a good nude lip color / MLBB color might I suggest this - it's easy on the pocket and lovely on the lips!

BGMM Rating: A-

1 comment:

  1. Like the color, seems very similar to MAC Double Shot!

    ReplyDelete