Saturday, August 17, 2013

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Liar Review

Urban Decay is out with a new range of lipstick called Revolution lipstick. This range has 22 shades, which means that there's a shade for everyone.

So, is it worth taking a look at these?






Absolutely!


These are rich, pigmented lipsticks that are an absolute delight to wear. They glide on like butter! Granted the aren't weightless but they are comfortable to wear.


These lipsticks are housed in a gunmetal case, that looks both classy and slightly edgy. The shiny case does attract fingerprints, unfortunately, but nothing that a wipe can't take care of. The case itself is so pretty that I don't really want to take points off for this! The packaging is sold and sturdy, and I don't have to worry about damaging these if I drop them (although I haven't dropped them yet *knocks on wood* and I'm not about to!)


I picked up the shade Liar, which Urban Decay describes as a pinky-brown nude. 




The shade is a lovely warm nude, which makes it perfect for deeper skin tones and those with pigmented lips. There is no shimmer at all, and it covers the lips opaquely with a single swipe.


The formula is creamy, and doesn't emphasize dry lips; however I think it's best to exfoliate and prep your lips. Those with chronic dry lips may want to use a lipbalm underneath, or top off with clear gloss. I didn't have any issues with application myself.





The color lasts about 5 hours on me with minor eating, and leaves a faint, lovely stain behind. 

They have no smell or taste as far as I can tell, and do not settle in lip lines. 





Would I recommend these? Yes. Liar has become my everyday go-to shade and is so easy to wear. 


I'm looking forward to picking up more shades from this range, especially Protest and Strip (which are only available on the Urban Decay website) and also Shame, which is a deep berry color that will be wonderful for the holidays!




BGMM rating: A

4 comments:

  1. This looks like Mocha from MAC!
    I want it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried Mocha... man, I need to investigate MAC. I'm waiting to pick up some more shades :D

      Delete
  2. I have heard about this range so much recently on YT..wish UD was available in India as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is worth searching for it online! They are so good :)

      Delete