Thursday, August 8, 2013

Surprise haul!

 I noticed this afternoon that I was all out of salt, and with hubby not around to do my bidding (just kidding!) I decided to quit being lazy and haul my butt down the road to the nearby Walgreens. As an aside, this Texas heat is quite unbearable, a 10 minute walk down the road and back has left me with quite the splitting headache!

 After picking up the salt and scoring a pretty sweet deal on Pringles (4 for $5; I love these chips!) I went, of course, to the makeup aisle, searching for the Wet n Wild limited edition spring palettes (I believe they're being re-introduced, and I CANNOT wait to get my grubby little hands on them!). After coming across several reviews for Maybelline's 14 hour Superstay lipsticks, I figured I'd pick up the shade Keep Me Coral; several indian bloggers loved the fact that the shade suits our coffee-colored skin, and I really wanted a coral shade for this lovely summer (yeah right!) we're having.

While exploring I nearly missed the Jordana display; for those of you unfamiliar with Jordana they are a budget brand here in the US. For a budget brands they are pretty good quality and I really enjoy their Easyliner eye pencils, Easyshine glossy lip color an of course their powder blushes.

I know from Nouveau Cheap that Jordana is out with new products for 2013 which include 12 HR Made To Last Eyeshadow Pencils,12 HR Made To Last Liquid Eyeliner Pencils and Twist and Shine Moisturizing Balm Stains, and to my absolute delight I spotted these on the display (most of the balm stains were gone, and I managed to get the last two.. how lucky was I?)

Given that Jordana is currently having a BOGO50%OFF (Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off) it was really a no-brainer that I would pick up the new offerings as well as more of their Easyliner eye and lip pencils.

I went a little crazy...can you tell?

Pretty sure that Maybelline lipstick is feeling quite lonely!

L-R, top to bottom: 12h Made to Last Liquid Eyeliner pencils, Easyliner eye pencils, Easyliner lip pencils,
12h Made to Last Eyeshadow pencils,
Twist &Shine Moisturizing Balm Stains and Maybelline 14h Superstay lipstick in Keep Me Coral.

No comments:

Post a Comment