Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Sally Hansen ColorFast Tint and Moisture Balm in Get Mauve'n Review

I'm such a sucker for lip products. They help me go from shy girl-next-door to drama queen in less than 60 seconds! There are just so many shades, textures and coverage you can play around with; from tinted lip balms to mirror-shine glosses to satin lipsticks and matte lipsticks there are so many varieties to experiment with!

I was browsing at my local Walgreens when I came across these and was kind of intrigued; after all Sally Hansen is a brand more known for their nail products than anything else. For that matter I didn't even know they had lip products! Nevertheless my one weakness is chubby crayons and when I saw these my willpower weakened and I brought a couple home to see how they performed.


Sally Hansen ColorFast Tint and Moisture Balms have your typical chubby crayon packaging, with the twist up swivel at the bottom, and the balm enclosed in a plastic case. The cap is transparent so you can see the color of the balm, and the plastic tube also is color coordinated with the balm shade; definitely a plus, since it makes it easier to differentiate between shades.


I purchased Get Mauve'n and Blackberry Honey. This review is for Get Mauve'n.





Get Mauve'n is a nude beige color with a slight pink undertone. It is a very sheer color that can be built up. This makes for a very light nude for me - I would say for my skin tone this is the lightest color I can wear without looking ghoulish.






The balm is sheer and not heavy at all, and glides on without tugging at the lips. It doesn't feel sticky, and actually doesn't feel like you have anything on at all. However my only gripe is that it isn't as moisturizing as the claims go; it lasts for about 2 hours on my lips and then disappears. However as it disappears so do the hydrating properties; by the end of the 2nd hour my lips were mildly chapped. I think that wearing this on top of a balm would reduce the issue, but I would much prefer a product that gives me both. Also, I would have like it to be a tad more pigmented.



Bottom - single swipe; Top - multiple swipes

As you can see from the swatch it is very sheer. I think this would make a great nude shade for lighter skin tones and less pigmented lips.

Is it worth investing in? Well, if you have any of the myriad other chubby sticks out there, then you can probably skip this. If you like more pigmented colors, skip this. If you're looking for a mildly hydrating, sheer lip color, this might be right up your alley.

BGMM Rating: B-

No comments:

Post a Comment